Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
There is no right direction for that swap.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hi everyone,I have had my ls6 xtreme on the street for a year or so, it could not be more fun to drive. ls eng stuff from your chev dlr. is very reansonable, the fit is easy, tons of room, stock rad. cools in phx with 2 big spals, 4l60 with a little beefing up is fine (switching to six speed next week) the giant problem for me has been the harness and ecm's, still not quite right, haness has been in and out six times$$$$$$$ If you swap, use an ls2 with 56 tooth rel. wheel, will make it much easier. Even with all the headaches it is so much fun and gas mileage is the same or better than the five cyl.The six speed will really help mpg. at high cruiseing speeds.
Was that a 6speed stick, or 6l80e auto?

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
Hey guys there doesn't seem to be a lot of info for anyone wanting to do a swap with a V8 manual transmission. Here was what I think I know, if anyone can back me up, correct me, or add any info that would be great!

-Stock Colorado clutch master, and pedal should operate f-body 6spd tremec slave cylinder? according to the fact that rock auto states that the same slave cylinder on the Colorado can be used on the F-body, can someone confirm this?

-T56 length is 31 1/4 inch, 460le is 31 5/32 inch, someone said the stock drive shaft will work with the auto "like 1/2 inch to short" so can we assume that it will also work with the T56, there isn't much difference in length compared to the auto.

-were will the shifter line up to? I sure wish ls1blazer would answer my questions, as he has a V8 and T56!

-what kind of a transmission mount would we need to fab up, or modify?

also I talked to CPperformance about swapping in a 5.3 from a 09 colorado, into a 04 colorado, he said that it is possable, to use the E67 PCm with that and everything will funtion properly. From what I understand it is also possible to use the PCM throttle body, and pedal from a 2006 trailblazer. Here are my questions related to the 2006 trailblazer option.

-

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Just curious about something before I commit to something that won't work would the 4L60E in our trucks for the I4 bolt up to an LS1 and would the transfer case on a 4x4 be able to hold the power of this setup?

·
Lounging Around
1,189 Posts
Just curious about something before I commit to something that won't work would the 4L60E in our trucks for the I4 bolt up to an LS1 and would the transfer case on a 4x4 be able to hold the power of this setup?
Curious as well on the transfer case. Input on this would be great. I've found quite a few 2x4 swaps, but not much on the 4x4's.

·
Factory Fresh
1,897 Posts
any new info on this ? My questions are will are fuel pumps be able to keep up and how is the fuel lines connected to the rails of the v8 ? How does the cluster get wired in since a different pcm is used ? id like to keep a 5 speed is that possible or am i stuck swapping into an automatic ? What is the best motor to swap in for a budget build ? And im totally confused about the wiring harness.

·
To many Ideas.....
239 Posts
Contact Jarred at current performance "WHEN YOU ARE READY TO BUY" they make a harness for your truck, and for what ever motor you decide to run. Go with an LS version V8. What kind depends on your budget, and your hook up on motors. M_O_Z knows alot and is willing to give his two cents, some members don't like to give out info on swaps because the fact, every one talks about doing swaps and never does it. Hope this helps.

·
Member's Technical crew
4,266 Posts
any new info on this ? My questions are will are fuel pumps be able to keep up and how is the fuel lines connected to the rails of the v8 ? How does the cluster get wired in since a different pcm is used ? id like to keep a 5 speed is that possible or am i stuck swapping into an automatic ? What is the best motor to swap in for a budget build ? And im totally confused about the wiring harness.
Send me a PM, I'll build you a harness, I have mated the V8 to the stock 5spd, and made new fuel lines stock pump works fine. Check out my build thread, don't hesitate to ask me any questions. -Jamie

http://www.355nation.net/forum/engine-swaps/38673-making-room-v8-engine-4-banger-coming-out-finished-added-videos.html

·
Ass Milk
1,004 Posts
i found a 6.0 and 4l80 tranny for 3000, CP will charge 2800 for all parts and labor...so 5800 for the complete turn key swap....IM DOIN IT....now how in the fuck am i gonna get my truck to FLA while im deployed.... with a 6 to 8 week turn around, i need to drop it off now!!

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I'm glad when i go back home their only 3 hours away

·
Registered
868 Posts
i found a 6.0 and 4l80 tranny for 3000, CP will charge 2800 for all parts and labor...so 5800 for the complete turn key swap....IM DOIN IT....now how in the fuck am i gonna get my truck to FLA while im deployed.... with a 6 to 8 week turn around, i need to drop it off now!!
Try one of the auto transport companies on the net, you can actually put the job up for bid by different freight companies. Keep in mind they do not go anywhere until they have a full load, coming and going, so only shipping one unit, it is impossible to say exactly when it will arrive.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Spring is right around the corner and getting excited about the engine swap.I couple of questions.
What is the best the engine and tranny combo. ls1 ls2 ls3 lsx.I have saved up near $9.000 for this build.The only thing that worries me is the wireing harness.Like to have it as close to plug and go as possible. Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
What bell housing and input shaft is used when still using the factory 5spd manual trans? I've been looking on posts for hours and can't figure it out

·
PBR TIME
625 Posts
I read on this site the factory fuel pump can be used with a stock LS engine. But what about one that isn't stock? How much does the stock fuel pump put out?
I am running an ls1 cammed out of a 2000 camaro, dyno showed 410 hp at the crank and I have been running the stock Colorado fuel pump for 3 years with no problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm thinking about getting swapping my 4 banger to a v8 only because my truck at 130k cannot push the over sized tired with a/c. In Arizona it's impossible to live without a/c so I wanna do the swap. Would a gear change get me by until it's cool enough to do the swap. I had a shop to work at but I've moved my projects home and have plenty of work space and the tools for the swap.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts