Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
**UPDATE** I ran into another GM pilot Canyon this one was a Crew, 4wd, SLT loaded except all-terrain package. I spoke with the guy for a minute he was in a rush he told me it was the V6 version and that he was getting average 21-22 MPG in the month that he has been driving it. He didn't get into his specific driving habits and how much was highway/city but I would consider this to be a fair ballpark. It will probably be a bit lower with a Z71/All-Terrain with all-terrain tires. He was on some all seasons.

Been a while since I have been active on here but wanted to share with you guys so you can get a slight comparison. I have been trying to get near one of these as I see them daily around the Tech Center, finally caught one fueling up. He took the picture for himself and emailed it to me. Decent stance for stock, this was an All Terrain, my lift in sig. He said price point will compete with Tacoma pricing.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
51,526 Posts
Re: 04'/15' Side by Side

Awesome, and thanks for sharing.....I really like the canyon for sure

·
Registered
236 Posts

Thanks for posting this up. The increase in width looks massive there.

I wonder why we still don't know anything about fuel economy, pricing, availability dates, etc. at this point...

·
Registered
616 Posts

Awesome! Both are great looking trucks.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I wonder why we still don't know anything about fuel economy, pricing, availability dates, etc. at this point...
Well while talking with him he did mention the Tacoma price point so I would suspect a 19k entry to 32k fully loaded crew, the long body will be out first so crew with 6ft bed, I mentioned September he said that sounds about right, with the shorter body to come month or so later. He did tell me that If I had any questions on it to email him back and he will answer them. Obviously there are some things GM wont let him say yet but if you guys have any questions I can redirect that question to him, post them up here I will wait a day or two to maybe get a few so I can hit him up with just one email.

·
the guy that always on
3,721 Posts

Well while talking with him he did mention the Tacoma price point so I would suspect a 19k entry to 32k fully loaded crew, the long body will be out first so crew with 6ft bed, I mentioned September he said that sounds about right, with the shorter body to come month or so later. He did tell me that If I had any questions on it to email him back and he will answer them. Obviously there are some things GM wont let him say yet but if you guys have any questions I can redirect that question to him, post them up here I will wait a day or two to maybe get a few so I can hit him up with just one email.
Estimated mpg?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
113 Posts

Dealer told me that it would only be 15% smaller than a full-size. Looks about right.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
236 Posts

I can't think of anything else I need answered except one thing - why the 1-year delay on the diesel? He probably won't have that information though.

Beyond that, everything we want to know will be available soon. I'm betting we'll see the Build & Price around mid-August.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts

I saw a red "M" plated Canyon on at 13/Mound just outside the Tech Center yesterday or Friday. Might be the same truck. It looked production ready as it was driving by.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts

I can't think of anything else I need answered except one thing - why the 1-year delay on the diesel?
I worked a Chevrolet product training session back in January and the head of the Colorado/Canyon program was a speaker. He said that the reason the diesel is being delayed by about a year is purely a marketing deal as they want to get as many trucks out on the road as possible within the first year. Since they feel most buyers will go for the gas version it will be the volume leader which results in more trucks out on the road.

I've worked a number of GM events this year and where I've had access to engineers and other top employees and nobody is coughing up any of the performance numbers like fuel economy. One engineer I spoke to a couple of months back suggested that since the RAM 2WD EcoDiesel is rated at 28 mpg highway they expect the slightly smaller 2.8 DuraMax diesel in a lighter Colorado/Canyon to get significantly better fuel economy than the RAM. My guess is that a 2WD DuraMax equipped truck will be rated at 30 plus.

·
Registered
236 Posts

I worked a Chevrolet product training session back in January and the head of the Colorado/Canyon program was a speaker. He said that the reason the diesel is being delayed by about a year is purely a marketing deal as they want to get as many trucks out on the road as possible within the first year. Since they feel most buyers will go for the gas version it will be the volume leader which results in more trucks out on the road.

I've worked a number of GM events this year and where I've had access to engineers and other top employees and nobody is coughing up any of the performance numbers like fuel economy. One engineer I spoke to a couple of months back suggested that since the RAM 2WD EcoDiesel is rated at 28 mpg highway they expect the slightly smaller 2.8 DuraMax diesel in a lighter Colorado/Canyon to get significantly better fuel economy than the RAM. My guess is that a 2WD DuraMax equipped truck will be rated at 30 plus.
Thanks for that info. From what I've been reading online, a lot of people are opting to wait for the diesel. That said, I know the internet community represents a small segment of actual buyers, so their strategy is more sound than my opinion.

I'll definitely go to the dealer when the V6 crew cab Canyons show up, but only for personal research (does my ass like the seats, etc.). I'll be waiting for the diesel for sure.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.