Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
What do you want to achieve with the addition of a BJ spacer?

I'm confused because you want a spacer but it doesn't match the subject line.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I think he may be talking about adding a wheel spacer to move the tire away from the ball joint. I'd just keep an eye on ur tire. If it shows any sign or rubbing I would. But if none I'd leave it. Unless u air down offroading then definately.

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
Mine are the same way... I air down to 15psi I have had no issues

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
What do you want to achieve with the addition of a BJ spacer?

I'm confused because you want a spacer but it doesn't match the subject line.
:ugh: :th_1j2q1i: :thnopoints:

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
Leave Canyon alone, he's been off his game lately. :mad:
I didn't realize you two were so close :ghey:

:th_ontopic:

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Too often people want to made modifications for the wrong reasons because they don't know what they are trying to do.

I read the OP as "If I install a bj spacer will it take the BJ away from the tire. To me, the subject line indicated a BJ modification. That's all.

Stupider things have been said. Much like using the word stupider. haha

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
go home 08Canyon, your drunk... hahaha.

OP, you will be fine with no spacer... you could add one for piece of mind, but its really not needed, that being said... post full pictures of your truck, i wanna see it!

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
Agreed. I have mentioned his sarcasm to him before... But it just seems to get worse haha

But yes it is very entertaining

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Looks like you are alright to me, but just check it out every once and a while and make sure it doesn't end up rubbing when the suspension cycles.

·
Registered
664 Posts
You really shouldnt need one. The way a suspension cycles the tire will never move closer to the balljoint. Unless of course you have bad wheel bearing or something else is screwed up. Even when airing down it shouldnt move any closer since the larger tire footprint will be on the bottom and not the top. There are a couple long travel kits I have seen where you could barely stick a piece of paper inbetween the spindle and tire and they have no issues since the tire stays in the same position in relation to the balljoint. Wheel spacers on the front will also make your truck handle like doo doo. It throws off the KPI quite a bit

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Werid, I'm not sure how this was a sarcastic comment. It was meant to be genuine. I really thought my initial response was pretty legitimate, concise and to the point.

Creating a subject with ball joints. Then asking if a spacer would help. Time after time people ask about ball joint spacers.

I'm working on leaving, I really am. You guys shouldn't have to see me for much longer.
If my account could be deleted I'd be gone already, but accounts don't get deleted, unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts