Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
I have been looking at this cam as well. Initial searches yields also swapping the stock converter to a converter with a stall of around 3000 or 3200 rpm.

Springs and push rods seem to be the consensus as well. Not coming up with much in the way of lifter changes.

I am sure more accredited individuals will chime in. I would call TSP as well.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i plan on giving them i buzz in the afternoon and find out what they recommend

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I just did a cam swap and also changed the push rods, springs and trunnion bearings,
IMO all these need to be replaced. cheap insurance to save a eng down the road.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got done talking to the guy at Texas Speed should have my cam, springs, rods, and bearings soon!!! question tho, do we have a single or a three bolt cam in our trucks?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
single bolt, and you will need a new one. did you get a cam phaser ?
did you get the 220/220 ? if i had it to do over i would get that one.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i ordered a three bolt but im also getting all the equipment i need to swap it over, guys gave me a good deal on a package so i decided to splurge a little. No i believe not, that a big deal?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
you only need the phaser if you keep the VVT

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i could never find anything on my truck that said it had the VVT, as far as i knew i didnt have VVT or DOD.
oh and to answer your question yea i got the 220R from TSP

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
your truck eng has VVT but not DOD, all you had to do was ask, we always talk
about it when doing cam changes. there are pros and cons on it.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok good to know, guess ill have to order me a phaser as well. whats your stance on deleting or keeping the VVT? ive seen some threads and it always seems to be everyone wants to keep VVT.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
well now you have a problem. you apparently ordered a cam delete setup with your cam.
a 1 bolt cam is what you needed to use the VVT, 3 bolt cams are for the VVT delete.
I liked the idea of using the VVT to adj the cam when dyno tuning. and all around driving.
it does help in a little better in fuel mpg and low end TQ. we advanced my cam a few
degrees to get more HP and a better curve in the midrange. the truck has incredible
throttle response also.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
What kind of deal did they give you on the package? I plan on placing an order with them soon, and can never find any discounts, sales, promotions, ect.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
look for there specials on e-bay, also check out Summit and Jeg's, sometimes
they are cheaper.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Working through a CAM and HEAD upgrade and the college of hard knocks says if you do not do CAT Delete and Headers not worth the time and money.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
you can do a rear cat delete easy, pcm doesn't read it. IMHO the front are so small it
hardly matters, I have a state insp so i left the fronts in and it passes fine.
with a good 2 1/2" dual exh sys you will negate the cats small effect.

·
Registered
133 Posts
you can do a rear cat delete easy, pcm doesn't read it. IMHO the front are so small it
hardly matters, I have a state insp so i left the fronts in and it passes fine.
with a good 2 1/2" dual exh sys you will negate the cats small effect.
Not according to the DYNO we are using. Still more testing to be performed to provide definitive data.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
do a vacuum road test on your exh, see how far it drops.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ill post a pic of the entire parts list as soon as i finish it and get it all ordered but with everything im doing im looking at between 900-1000 for parts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts