Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
That's a no joke bumper! I want to see more pictures from every angle.

As you know there aren't alot of winch bumper options for us so it's good to see what's out there.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I told my wife that she will go right through anything she hits. :ROFLMAO:
It is extremely heavy duty. I may have to adjust the torsion bar preload to hold the front end up......

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
For anyone wondering about cost, it is the MOVE Bumpers Classic Full Grille Bumper Kit with the 2 sets of square light holes upgrade and the Offroad+Winch mount upgrade for a total as specified of $960. Assembly by the fab shop is going to cost about $500 to $600 and I just ordered about $250 of Raptor spray-on bed liner material.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Looks like I will likely be picking it up from the fab shop around Noon tomorrow. I will have to coat it, mount the winch, mount the bumper on the truck, mount the lights and then wire everything.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Another pic the fab shop just sent me

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
There is one in eBay right now at the about average price of $765.
08 HUMMER H3 ALPHA 5.3L REAR DIFFERENTIAL CARRIER ASSEMBLY 4.10 RATIO | eBay
I saw they wanted $150 shipping as well. A guy would be near $1k before a rebuild and locker. I bet it would be roughly $2k to get it in the truck.

Anybody that puts $2k in a Colorado front ifs differential has more money than sense. 😏

A guy could get a good jump on a SAS for that price. Way more return for the money.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Description says rear differential, but the pic sure looks like a front differential. Did the H3's have a solid rear axle like the 355's?

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So based on the pic, that is a front differential, despite the description calling it a rear differential.....

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
So based on the pic, that is a front differential, despite the description calling it a rear differential.....
That’s 100% a front H3 differential.

It’s kinda hard to tell if it’s cast iron though.

The cast pumpkins are black while the aluminum ones are silver.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It's cast iron, it has surface rust that you will not see on aluminum.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I just made them a lower offer than what they are asking. We'll see what happens.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I saw they wanted $150 shipping as well. A guy would be near $1k before a rebuild and locker. I bet it would be roughly $2k to get it in the truck.

Anybody that puts $2k in a Colorado front ifs differential has more money than sense. 😏

A guy could get a good jump on a SAS for that price. Way more return for the money.
Your pricing is spot on for what I paid, I guess it didn't scare him off. For the way I use my truck I don't want SAS. The IFS handles and rides great. Better for fast running off road. I don't use the front locker much but it is nice to have for places you need all the traction you can get.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I don't really want to go the SAS route. I will be driving the truck long distances both on and off road.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
I don't really want to go the SAS route. I will be driving the truck long distances both on and off road.
A properly set up SAS will ride just as good or better than our weak ifs.

Unfortunately the 1st Generation trucks have a lot to be desired when building a reliable off road camping vehicle.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
After a little negotiation the seller and I came to an agreement and the unicorn is headed my way. Thanks for the tip @sacberg !

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Picked up the truck from the fab shop today and I have to say that I am very pleased with how the MOVE bumper came out. It is still bare metal. After Line-x couldn't tell me how much they would charge until they were done I decided to order some Raptor spray on bed-liner from Amazon. I also still have to mount and wire the winch and off-road lights.
@WV NATIVE let me know if there are any more angles you want pics of.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

21 - 40 of 77 Posts