41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #41

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
That bumper turned out nice. Looking forward to seeing it painted.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Like the bumper. I would love that without the brush guard. Been looking at a move bumper. Thanks for all the pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
I’d like to know the final weight of the bumper with everything installed. That bumper is a beast!

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I have carefully calculated the total weight and it is......more than I can lift. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: WV NATIVE

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The unicorn is showing "Out for delivery" via brown truck. 😊 The primer I need for the bumper is supposed to be on the same brown truck today and the spray-on bedliner is scheduled to arrive via FedEx today......now to see if I can get the bumper finished and reinstalled in time for the Overland Expo Southeast this weekend.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
You will probably need to crank your torsion bars to restore the proper ride height after installing that bumper

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
You will probably need to crank your torsion bars to restore the proper ride height after installing that bumper

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Yep, I was already planning to do that and will correct the "Chevy lean" at the same time.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
reinstalled in time for the Overland Expo Southeast this weekend.....
Be careful at those Expos. They sell everything and most of the stuff isn’t needed. Be prepared for a crowded camping experience.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Be careful at those Expos. They sell everything and most of the stuff isn’t needed. Be prepared for a crowded camping experience.
We are just going for fun and to attend some of the seminars. With all I have spent on my truck lately, the funds are depleted at the moment so no danger of buying stuff we don't need. :LOL: We are also not going to be camping, so no issue there.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
We are just going for fun and to attend some of the seminars. With all I have spent on my truck lately, the funds are depleted at the moment so no danger of buying stuff we don't need
I hear ya. I just dropped nearly $2k on my truck this month. I'm building everything myself and it's still costing too much.

What seminars are you going to attend?

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
What seminars are you going to attend?
Useful stuff like meal planning. :LOL: If I remember right, also first aid, vehicle recovery, radio communications and search and rescue.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
The unicorn went from "out for delivery" to "Delay, check back tomorrow for an updated delivery date" :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
The primer and Raptor liner showed up so tomorrow is paint and reassemble day. The chrome laminate was bubbling on the grille, so I stripped that off. I will paint it with Raptor liner to match the bumper.

I trimmed the free-spool lever on the winch so that I can turn it......it's more like a nub than a handle now but still turns easily. Once I have everything painted and the winch installed I will put the entire assembly on a scale before reinstalling it. I am guessing it will come in at a little over 200 lbs.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Primer coat is on.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Grille is ready for painting. I have new headlights ordered but they will not arrive until after I have everything put back together.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
1st coat of bed liner is on.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
The primer and Raptor liner showed up so tomorrow is paint and reassemble day. The chrome laminate was bubbling on the grille, so I stripped that off. I will paint it with Raptor liner to match the bumper.
View attachment 342358
I trimmed the free-spool lever on the winch so that I can turn it......it's more like a nub than a handle now but still turns easily. Once I have everything painted and the winch installed I will put the entire assembly on a scale before reinstalling it. I am guessing it will come in at a little over 200 lbs.
What method did you use to strip the chrome off the grille?

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
What method did you use to strip the chrome off the grille?
Pocket knife. It peeled off in strips but wasn't too much of a chore.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Bumper is painted, off-road lights and winch are mounted to the bumper and the assembly is on the truck. The wiring can wait until tomorrow. The camera angle does not do the brush guard justice, it does not stick out the sides as far as it looks. I am very pleased with the result. The bumper with lights and winch weighs in at 205 lbs.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts