Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Just because I couldn't resist posting a pic from another angle. :ROFLMAO: On the downside, my wife likes the way it looks so much I may never get to drive it again. :(

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
The bumper with lights and winch weighs in at 205 lbs.
I thought it would be more. That's still pretty heavy though.

Did you notice and change in your front ride height?

Can you feel the extra front end weight?

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I thought it would be more. That's still pretty heavy though.

Did you notice and change in your front ride height?

Can you feel the extra front end weight?
I also expected it to be more. I have not measured the ride height yet, I was too exhausted at the end of the day. It is not an obviously noticeable difference though. I have not driven it yet with the bumper and winch mounted but my wife has. She says it does not handle any different. I drove it with just the bumper without the winch, including some off-road in deep sand last Saturday. I can't say I really noticed a difference either.

Reactions: WV NATIVE

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
And after several days of delays, the unicorn is finally showing out for delivery today......fingers crossed. Hope it shows up before my wife gets home from work so I can hide it in the shed. She doesn't know yet that I ordered it. :oops:

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
The unicorn has arrived! And has been safely tucked in the back of the shed before my wife got home. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: BackInBlack

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Got the torsion bars adjusted. I leveled both front to back and side to side to fix the "Chevy lean" and to compensate for the added weight of the front bumper. While I did not really notice any degradation in the handling after installing the bumper, I did notice an improvement in the handling after adjusting the torsion bars.

Reactions: WV NATIVE

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Got the winch wired up and the cable pre-tensioned.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Hey. Because I know you guys are down that way, we are having the Central Florida Super Meet at Wickham park in Melbourne the 10th of April if you want to come. Find the CFSM FB page or friend me on FB, and I can send you an invite.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Hey. Because I know you guys are down that way, we are having the Central Florida Super Meet at Wickham park in Melbourne the 10th of April if you want to come. Find the CFSM FB page or friend me on FB, and I can send you an invite.
I already got the info, I am going to try to make it.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Nice. I want to see that Bumper in person.
Any chance you will make it to the ONF ride this Saturday? We will be there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the H3 front differential to put in my truck, 2011 factory V8. I found an open cast iron front diff and picked it up, 600 or so. Rockauto had the factory front E-locker for around 400, ordered it. Cost me a couple hundred to have the locker installed. Have yet to fit it to my truck but it will need it soon. You'll have to use the 355 front stub axle tube, it has the disconnect. H3 does not since it is AWD. I also have H3 front suspension and rear E-locker axle.

Kane

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I have the H3 front differential to put in my truck, 2011 factory V8. I found an open cast iron front diff and picked it up, 600 or so. Rockauto had the factory front E-locker for around 400, ordered it. Cost me a couple hundred to have the locker installed. Have yet to fit it to my truck but it will need it soon. You'll have to use the 355 front stub axle tube, it has the disconnect. H3 does not since it is AWD. I also have H3 front suspension and rear E-locker axle.

Kane
I am planning to go with the ARB air lockers, front and rear. I grabbed the front diff because it was available but that part of the project is probably a year or so away. We just signed a contract to buy a house on 10 acres, so that will deplete the funds for a little while......but.....the property comes with an 8 car garage and a large shop with car lift and large air compressor. So, when I do start the project back up I will no longer be working in my driveway. 😊

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Got the new headlights and LED bulbs installed and got the off-road LED's in the bumper wired up.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Just in case anyone is interested, these are the LED replacement bulbs I used:
TECHMAX 9005 LED Bulbs
TECHMAX 9006 LED Bulbs
They are plug and play replacements for the OEM halogen bulbs and are designed to work with the OEM reflectors. Something they do extremely well, by the way. They have a very distinct cut-off which makes them easy to adjust so you don't blind oncoming traffic. They also light up the road 1,000% better than the halogens.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I was reading back through the thread and realized there was some info that I did not post.

I think I would have the fab shop modify the bumper for the lever to fit. Not going to do much cutting down of that small lever on the APEX. Wondering why the lever won't fit, but the control box does? Sounds like it needs more research to me. Just my two cents though.
The control box didn't fit inside the bumper. I had to remote mount it in the engine bay. The extra wires for that purpose that came with the winch were just sufficiently long enough to do that. I did cut down the lever, it is more of a nub than a lever now. It does still turn easily however, and can be accessed without much effort through the pre-cut opening in the bumper. The winch is now 100% functional.....and I have to say that the wireless controller that came with it is a really nice feature!

61 - 77 of 77 Posts