Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Colorado 2lt Crew Cab Z71 Off Road 4x4
29 Posts
I have a 2010 Colorado Z71 4x4 Offroad Crew cab with the LH9 code V8 engine. VIN# 1GCJTDDP1A8124906 was purchased by Indy 500 Speedway as a work truck #84. It has only 22,359 original miles. It seems to be ordered decal delete. What can you tell me about this truck?

·
Super Moderator
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Anyone have recommendations on searching for one of these bad boys? Cant find them anywhere.
Your best bet is to search Cargurus nationwide for Chevrolet Colorado and apply the V8 filter. That will give you all V8 trucks. Then go through the list looking for a 3LT.

There is 1 currently for sale in Lubbock Texas. #89 with decently low mileage. The price is a little high, but they are hard to find, so their prices are doing good to hold value. Especially ones with lower mileage.

·
Registered
2011 Silver Dollar
2 Posts
not a 3LT, but looks fun. low miles.. with Maggie!

·
Super Moderator
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
Well, I have successfully found every V8 ZQ8 VIN between Chevrolet and GMC across both the United States and Canada. In total 1109 V8 ZQ8 trucks were built. I have 140 VINs left that I still need to pull the build data on. Once I complete that, I will add them to the 3LT database so all V8 ZQ8 Owners can puruse every trucks build data by sequence number. No VINs will be in the public database that I publish later. This is to protect owner's and their trucks. It's been a long 5 years of seeking and validating, but I am finally going to finish what I originally set out to do. In the coming weeks, I will edit the original post on this thread with updated production numbers between both brands and segregating between USA and Canada.

So happy to finally be in this position!

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Yes, great info. I reference your effort when and where it seems appropriate. Like with Bluegill Dingus, who thinks he has the only true 3LT SS ever made. I suggested he should PM you with the trucks VIN to be researched. He did post a picture of the RPO sticker, with VIN, in the thread.

I own a 1985 IROC HO, Silver Color, 5spd. 1 owner with15K on the dial. The back story is it was a Coca Cola promotional in a giveaway raffle. The vin reveals a code for "Promotional Vehicle"
The proof is in the VIN!
I also own a 67 Camaro that is on the historic register and was instrumental in verifying Cowl Tag codes. Remote mirror, rear defroster, tilt wheel and best of all a code for a 1968 SS stripe kit. GM exec car. Lucky me!
If Scarlett is legit I am going to be President of the 2012 355 SS Club.
I do so appreciate the attention. Crack the code!!!!
it was larry

61 - 72 of 72 Posts