Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Code popped up on my 04 Colorado, and I found the # to the Ac delco part that was only 30$. Went ahead and ordered it, but received the same looking solenoid except with a different electrical plug in. They sent me - Ac Delco: 214-2324. I emailed ac delco and recieved this email. Sadly there closed today, so until I call I wanted some input on this issue.. anyways here it is..

ACDelco 214-2147 OE Service Vapor Canister Purge Valve [ASIN: B0031IBSDG]

------------- Begin message -------------

Thank you for the email however the part you received is the correct part it has been superceeded by Ac Delco to the new number and will be the same for you. We don't have the other part number available only the new number we have sent you.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
That has happened to a lot of guys. You could probably return the part and request a refund due to the part not matching the number that you ordered. The only way to insure that you will actually get a 214-2147 will be to contact the Seller and verify the number in advance. Apparently 214-2147 has been discontinued, but there should still be some out there someplace. The part you received can be used if you purchase the jumper cable that corrects the mismatch of the connectors. The number of that jumper is 19257603. It is readily available. Amazon sells them. There doesn't seem to be a good reason for discontinuing 214-2147 as it is used on a lot of GM vehicles. You can bet that GM is not losing money on this, as now they can sell the modified valve and then add the jumper to the sale.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for this! The part they sent me shows only 15$ on amazon. So I wonder if they will be giving me that price instead of the 30$ part that was discontinued. The jumper is 17$ roughly so all in all I came out at the same price. Ordering this part as we speak!

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Probably the two best sources for parts, especially OEM (ACDelco) are rockauto.com and amazon.com. Both companies have good prices and excellent service. At Amazon, there are usually customer reviews that will indicate possible problems.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So I recently got this part replaced thanks to The help of you and 355nation. Today when I started my truck I've never felt such terrible idle.. While on the highway, doing 70, my engine light came on and started blinking. I then realized I was losing speed slowly then all the sudden back to 100% power. Didn't think I was going to make it home.. Scanned my computer and P0446 came up and also a misfire on cylinder 3. When I left my house, kinda furious, I really got on the pedal. Low and behold the engine light goes off. Although the problem is still there. Any ideas on what my next step is..?

Tomorrow should I pull out the charcoal box and clean it out. My vent solenoid previously was horrendously dirty, and the hose also. Could some of that dirt made it's way somewhere it shouldn't be?
As for the misfire.. That coil pack has been replaced within the year, and also the plugs. Maybe it's time to switch too a different plug?
Throttle body and MAF have both been cleaned a month or so back. In looking into getting a ported throttle body and also a tune to help my trucks performance.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Did you have the P0446 DTC before you replaced the vent solenoid? If not, it might have something to do with the installation of the solenoid. The problem could also be a restriction in the canister or the lines/hoses. For the misfire, just do a quick coil swap with one of the other cylinders and see if the DTC follows.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Man I honesty can't remember which It was. All I know when I researched it on here, it said to replace the solenoid. Maybe it was p0449? I'll do what you said and get post back my findings.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took out the charcoal canister and solenoid, got a new fuel line between them and it seemed to of fixed that code. Also cleaned up the charcoal canister and the inlets the lines snap on. No signs of that code yet.
Took out coil pack #3 and all seemed good. Spark plug seemed fine but a little dirty.
My MAF sensor wasn't seated correctly, so if bet that's what was making my truck idle terribly and also run terribly. Put everything back together and engine light went off within 2 min. Although one problem remains. After about 7 min on idle my truck starts struggling causing the rpms to drop then ramp. Sometimes it can't pick itself back up and stalls.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts