Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Not sure this is possible on my 07 Canyon, but on my old 02 Grand Am, there was a wire in the cruise control bundle that sent a 5 volt pulse to indicate the vehicle speed. Is there something similar on my truck? I need to tap into this wire.

Thanks!

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
Most of us have used the tan ABS wire clipped to the passenger side wheel well. You can see it when you look down towards the frame, next to the exhaust in the engine compartment

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Much thanks folks... I will dig into that tomorrow!!

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today I dug into the wiring on the passenger side, and found the tan and green wires... I was not too keen on splicing into the truck wiring, so I went on the ABS sensor side of the connector and spliced into the black wire (which corresponds to the tan wire on the truck harness)... I am not getting any signal to my unit.. I would assume that its looking for a different kind of signal (It is a Stalker Speed Radar unit). On the grand am, there was a wire coming from the cruise control module that had the correct signal (I believe it was 5 volt pulses) that I tapped into... What is coming from the ABS sensor I don't think is the same signal.

Any other ideas?

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
See if you can find the yellow wire next to the purple wire coming out of the PCM. Try tapping the yellow wire. That is the one that goes to the VSS on the transmission or transfer case

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for the diagram! Helps a lot... I was looking for one, but the only one I found is not as detailed!

I think the project is on hold though... I can not find any good spot to mount the display unit... Its similar to the scangauge in size, but I cant find any good place for it!

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a follow up incase someone else is wondering...

I went to the PCM, and looked at all the wires coming off of it... In the bundle of wires on the drivers side of the PCM, there are numerous yellow wires. One yellow wire is twisted together with a purple wire.. That is the one you are looking for... Hooked into it, and it works like a charm.

Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts