Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 timer
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 broken vents I'd like to fix.

One vent is the driver's side Window\dash vent. How do you remove it from the dash? Looks like it could just pop off, but didn't want to start tugging only to find I need to remove some screws.
Second vent is in the Center dash panel (radio Bezel). How does that come off?

Vents should be easy to fix once I get them off the truck.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Side vents do just pop out. Use your plastic pry tool and work your way around. No screws.
Radio bezel is the same I think, but YouTube that one to make sure there are not fasteners at the bottom. I remember starting at the bottom and working up. You will have to disconnect the hazard button and 4wd switch plate from the bezel before you walk off with it.

·
2 timer
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I was able to get the side vent off and repaired. That is one odd setup.

The plastic "pin" that connects to the slider mechanism broke off on the bottom louver. This was the outer part of the vent. I drilled a 1/6" where the pin should be and replaced it with a nail cut to length and glued in place. took about 15 minutes to do. Works nicely. Now to get the radio bezel off and fix the inner louvers.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Yes, the radio bezel pops off with a plastic pry tool, I have had mine off a few times. Getting ready to go out and pull mine off again to see if I can get the traction control button unstuck.

·
2 timer
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. Not sure how the one in the Bezel got broken (inner vent), but the outer one was broken when I bought the truck, just slowly got worse about flopping shut.

·
2 timer
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got the second vent fixed. Same fix, Drilled a 1/16" hole where the tab was, use a nail cut to length as a pin and reassemble.Reassebly was a bear, as this was the inner louvers, and the slider that connects them kept wanting to fall off. Nearly 45 minutes to get it working and reassembled. Then 15 minutes to get the vents attached correctly on the radio bezel, connect the wires and attach the bezel. It's nice to be ably to properlt adjust the air in the cab again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts