Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin to score a set of AVS ventvisors for my dad. Do any of you have the "in-channel" style? They're saying it's supposed to be better than the double sided tape style but I've never had any experience with them. I've always dealt with the stick on kind.

Are they in fact better? I don't know how I feel about them. Seems kind of wierd to have something stuffed into your window channel that your window has to rub up and down on.....

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I do. Their awesome dude, they look sleek as hell and don't stick out and look ugly or like their not supposed to be there.

I've had mine for YEARS now with not 1 single issue.

Like I said NO issues and they havent come un-stuck or anything. I've got the ventshade brand, they use 3M double sided adhesive and installation is super-easy. I just left my windows up for 2 days to make sure I wouldnt have any issues with them and the only damage i've gotten to the window is very tiny scratches at the top of the window that I don't even notice unless I get reeeeeeeaaaallly close to em.

P

·
0 Posts
thats about the only complaint ive heard, ZNA, i havent heard anything else about em, i kinda wish i had em, but i like my stick-on ones, only issue im having with these is, they are starting to come off after car washes and shit. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
thats about the only complaint ive heard, ZNA, i havent heard anything else about em, i kinda wish i had em, but i like my stick-on ones, only issue im having with these is, they are starting to come off after car washes and shit. :shrug:
The scratching? Yeah but honestly who gives a shit about the top 1/2 inch of their windows having tiny little scratchs?

I go through washes all the time with NO trouble. Shit i've even gone through with my windows cracked so just the ventshade kept the window "closed" and it kept me 95% dry ;)

Just look at it this way... the scratchs on the windows and the sleek low-profile look with no chance of them coming off because their held in place by the window itself, orrrrrr the bulky stick on ones that can easily get ripped off by just about anything and look well... goofy. :)

P

·
0 Posts
The scratching? Yeah but honestly who gives a shit about the top 1/2 inch of their windows having tiny little scratchs?

I go through washes all the time with NO trouble. Shit i've even gone through with my windows cracked so just the ventshade kept the window "closed" and it kept me 95% dry ;)

Just look at it this way... the scratchs on the windows and the sleek low-profile look with no chance of them coming off because their held in place by the window itself, orrrrrr the bulky stick on ones that can easily get ripped off by just about anything and look well... goofy. :)
I ve been thinking if getting a new set of in rail ones, gotta look for pricing.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I ve been thinking if getting a new set of in rail ones, gotta look for pricing.
Aren't they like $25? Dude goto eBay and find em as cheap as possible... as long as their ventshades who cares who you buy em from ;)

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dang! And I even sat there before I started this thread and was like..."Which section should I put this in?" Swing and a Miss!!:lol:

Thanks for the input guys. A guy at work has them on his Canyon and he loves them too. I'll probably go with those. They're not too expensive up at summit....

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Dang! And I even sat there before I started this thread and was like..."Which section should I put this in?" Swing and a Miss!!:lol:

Thanks for the input guys. A guy at work has them on his Canyon and he loves them too. I'll probably go with those. They're not too expensive up at summit....

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Courtesy of my good pal Brewer!:high5:

I suppose now that my truck's exterior is done I should have mc make me a sig. Seeing as how I'm like one of the only guys on here who doesn't have one! hahaha

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Courtesy of my good pal Brewer!:high5:

I suppose now that my truck's exterior is done I should have mc make me a sig. Seeing as how I'm like one of the only guys on here who doesn't have one! hahaha
Kid works magic... do it!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love doing shit for my Dad. He's gonna be Pumped!!:yup:

Stylin Trucks had a huge clearence sale while we were there on Sunday too. They had a set of Chrome taillight protectors marked down to $20, so I picked them up for him. Should go good with his chrome bumpers and chrome step bars. I'll be sure to post pics!:355:

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I've alway gone with the stick on ones for the simple reason of not messing up my windows; ie tint.

I've had the Ventshades on my truck since it was new, but I wanted something different. So when I was on GMpartDirect, they have the Ventshades painted to match your truck; ie VictoryRed. They where $70 for the CC, well I put them on yesterday and they look sweet. I will try and post the pics tonight.

Jeremy

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Lookin to score a set of AVS ventvisors for my dad. Do any of you have the "in-channel" style? They're saying it's supposed to be better than the double sided tape style but I've never had any experience with them. I've always dealt with the stick on kind.

Are they in fact better? I don't know how I feel about them. Seems kind of wierd to have something stuffed into your window channel that your window has to rub up and down on.....
the avs is in but they scratch the glass where it goes in the channel. it will keep the rain out with the window down about 1 inch . got then when I had the cap put on...
oldman

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've alway gone with the stick on ones for the simple reason of not messing up my windows; ie tint.

I've had the Ventshades on my truck since it was new, but I wanted something different. So when I was on GMpartDirect, they have the Ventshades painted to match your truck; ie VictoryRed. They where $70 for the CC, well I put them on yesterday and they look sweet. I will try and post the pics tonight.

Jeremy

I didn't even think about what it does to tint. He doesn't have tint yet, but he wants it. I'll have to ask zach, think he has tint too....

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I didn't even think about what it does to tint. He doesn't have tint yet, but he wants it. I'll have to ask zach, think he has tint too....
Well I had my tint first... then got the ventvisors. Either way though my tint hasn't been scratched or messed up at all by them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts