Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find a comprehensive list anywhere that lists all of the various location on our trucks that identify the VIN.

We all know about the obvious locations like the dash, drivers side door jam, glovebox rpo sticker. And I know the factory radio is VIN encoded along with the BCM.

But are there any other not so obvious locations that you've discovered while working on your truck?

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,784 Posts
In another thread someone mentioned there being vin stickers on the fenders but I haven't checked to confirm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently looked at the car buying checklist and realized that each symbol of the VIN number on Vingurus carries information about a particular characteristic of the car: the country and manufacturer, release date, technical characteristics, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some cars have "VIN tags" on the left front door or in the trunk. Trucks typically have them on a large panel hanging from the dash, that you can see from inside and outside.

·
Registered
'05 crew cab Canyon, swapping to 6.0 L96Vortex
104 Posts
The vin numbers are also hidden somewhere in the frame, and the location for the vehicle vin is given only to law enforcement. Here in Arizona, to register an out of state vehicle they take it in a closed shop and verify the vin. I'm sure there are people on this board that have found the vin
number on the truck frame.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts