Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man this things a PITA to install. anyone else have the one with remote start and everything else.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Dude, save yourself the headache. PAY SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched mine being installed and this is no normal truck. You need various relays to make it work. You have to have the correct ohm load or no workie!!!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
the top of the line viper remote start is like 400 or 500 i think n anywhere from proly 200-300 to install cause its a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
here is the viper I have, the 791xv. it has remote start and a 2 way transmiter. a buddy of mine used to work at a car stereo shop here and I got the alarm plus install for $300.

http://www.viper.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=104
Damn, good deal. I bought mine through a friend that used to work at Best Buy and he hooked it up for $200 with his discount. I got it like a month after I got my truck, and it just got installed a month or two ago after sitting around for a year. :lol:

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got mine from my buddy that works at best buy for $60 bucks and it was selling at the time for 599. i think he stole it but all well hahaha

·
Registered
760 Posts
yeah i got raped by the local shop! 800 bucks installed for a audiovox remote start..haha I dont even think the audiovox is the top of the line, i shouldve went to the shop next door and got a viper. I was told the audiovox is the same as the viper, manufacturer wise?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
yeah i got raped by the local shop! 800 bucks installed for a audiovox remote start..haha I dont even think the audiovox is the top of the line, i shouldve went to the shop next door and got a viper. I was told the audiovox is the same as the viper, manufacturer wise?
No, Directed Electronics (mother company of Viper alarms) doesn't make Audiovox components.

·
Registered
760 Posts
No, Directed Electronics (mother company of Viper alarms) doesn't make Audiovox components.

yeah so it makes the situation even worse, its a good alarm and does the lcd remote thing and the remote start and everything i need, its just not a viper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts