Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Droppings Poll

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the time has come to decide on the droppage. I will be doing 3" in the front (+/-). The question is, should I drop it 3" or 4" in the back? 3" in the rear will keep the sportier stance that actually attracted me to this truck in the first place and 4" will even it out and make it more level. Let's put it to a vote...

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
what are you dropping it with ?????

i vote 3/3 for your ride sake.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am using springs (ala brewer) and blocks. Just trying to decide which blocks to go with...

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
3 inch for ride quality... and to keep the rake.

4 inchs and you might havta watch that hitch on steep angles. I scrape my hitch sometimes on steep driveways... luckily its the hitch and not my exhaust tips

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Eh, I like having mine there just in-case. I mean you paid for it and it's not doing anything negative to the truck (unless you really wanna get into aerodynamics and weight but thats not nessecary). I've used mine twice since i've owned the truck... both were definitly very helpful.

1) Did an emergency tow for a buddys toyota pickup

2) Dragged a small tree across the yard to the trash pile with a chain

:lol:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
go with the belltech drop leafs if you can. keep a good ride quality and ive heard thye pretty much are a 4" not 3" drop so that should level you off right.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
My friend had 3 inch drop leafs with a 1 inch block on it with the drop shocks and it rode like CRAP. Friggen bounce-house it's so bad he's tired of it and trading it for a 350Z

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
4" blocks will put your axle up high and will kill any suspension travel you would otherwise have causing a VERY rough ride. You'll want to achieve that 4" drop by some other means.

A lot of guys also don't trust 4" blocks because they're so large. They're afraid they could crack and break on them.

Although, there are a lot of guys that haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
yeh i think 3" blocks would be the easiest and prob best way for you to go. it'll look sick with a little rake still. if you do the 4" blocks and you ever put weight in the bed it'll look like its sagging.....grosssss

1 - 20 of 41 Posts