Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....this file is not for a colorado. It's for an 8.1L Silverado. I've got it tuned, and think all is well, however I'm getting almost no knock at this point. It's kinda bugging me cause I can't believe that I did that well on the first go around. I had help, but still. I've uploaded both the tune and my scan file.

Attachments

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to upload the config file I used.

Attachments

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly not going to go all aggressive on this thing. Shit...its already 360/455 . I just want to adjust it a little bit. I need reliability over performance.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
ok well ill call my cuz tomarrow and get him to look at ur file see what he can do

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool. Thanks man.

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks man. I'm on there and totally missed it. Nice to see that my "stock files" isn't all that off of the one listed. That's a good thing. At least it's cleared up now. Still think it's funny the truck runs far better with more timing than it does on the stock tune.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
ya ill see my cuz saturday ill ask him then he said he was having a hard time setting up a profile

i was reading that setting a smaller spark gap helped too that and really wish i could get another truck

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yup. I did the smaller gap on the truck. The biggest thing that gets me is how much they changed the mappings between 05 and 06. I suspect a big part of that has to do with going from the allison 5 speed to the allison 6 speed. Turns out my Truck does have a stock tune. Ironically it runs worse on that then on the modified I did with more timing....go figure. I've already done the .045 gap trick. I figure thats actually what caused the knock issues at low RPM. It's acting like pre-det becuase of the gap of the plugs. Adding timing reduces this perceived issue. I can't however get the truck to go out of low octane and into my high octane table. When you talk to him find out if he has any ideas for a fuel economy tune.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts