Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive been looking around and searching for a good bit now but I can not find a Colorado Extreme grill housing. The one with the chrome lip around the grill portion. So I'm hoping someone has one for sale (or a a link to where I can find one cause Ive had no luck). My truck is an '08 crew cab Z71 but Im assuming it should fit. I may end up using a Canyon grill and painting it black. Or, just maybe, grab some chrome stripping and see what I can do.

·
Factory Fresh
1,898 Posts
The grills all fit the same. I think the only way your going to get one is if you find one thats been wrecked or buy it from the dealer. I bought mine from the dealer already painted i know there not cheap but i forget what i paid for mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a link with some part number info. I think this subject was discussed a while back and the general consensus was that the "regular" grille cannot be fitted with the chrome pieces.

GRILLE/RADIATOR-THREE PIECE | Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick
Okay cool- That is pretty much exactly what I was looking for, but those dealer parts sure add up in cost. I'll keep an eye out for one that shows up in the for classified section I guess.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
FYI you can buy a gm accessories grill which is basically an xtreme grill with chrome mesh for much cheaper than you can piece one together. I got a brand new one from shopchevyparts for 180 shipped.

I was looking to replace my broken one that a deer hit and was very happy finding that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Word. So its kinda hard to tell from the pics but on the page its talking about "replaces the existing grille" and "available in all chrome or as a chrome insert". Is it talking about just the mesh insert or the cross bar as well?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts