Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
say guys. kinda new in here. posted a few things a while back. but yeah. i have an 06 crew cab colorado. i am thinkin about droping it or bagging it. i have a bagged and body droped dime i done all work on. but far as i can tell the colorados are going to be a beast. so if i drop my lorado. i just dont want to go with the djm 3/4 drop i at least want to drop the front 4-5 inchs. so if i got djm 3"control arms and there 2"springs and use 3inch blocks and 3 inch leafs u think that would work???? i am running the halo wheels on my truck with a 245/35/20 nt 555 tires..... so tell me what yall think.

M

·
0 Posts
Re: wanting to dropor bag my lorado

:welcome: Derk(a) Derk(a) Mohammed Jihad.:salute:
You're in the Nation now. I hope you have a passport:dawg:.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts

Haha, Brewer or RRCN will be the 2 guys to answer this one.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts

Sorry I didnt respond to your pm. I saw it last night right before I went to bed and then I forgot about it this morning. To answer your question.

I have one question first is your truck a zq8?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

i really dont know. so how do i tell if it is a zq8?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

i donno. i bought it with the 20s allready on it

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

how u know lance???? i dont know any thing about these truck but to put gas in it. change oil. check water. air pressure and drive LOL.... an s-10 damn. i can build one of them with my eyes closed

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts

oh ok. open the glove box and there is going to be a sticker with a bunch of codes Looks for a zq8, z85 or z71 code. Then let me know which code you have.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts

ok kool we now know lance is a crack head then. Your truck is allready lowered from the factory a little bit. Let me think a second on what you should do

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

yeah thats what i thought it was lowerd just a lil. cuase i pulled up to a stock crew cab lorado in the parkin lot the other day and was like i am lower sweet LOL!!!!!

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Well if you go with djm arms then you will be a total of 4 to 4 1/4 in the front and if you do 3" blocks in the back you will be about 5 int he back. Right now your trucks lowered about 1-1 1/4 in the front because of the springs and about 2" in the back because of the leafs since its a zq8 truck.

How much money do you want to spend?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

what ever it takes to get it done
i dont want nothing cheap... i hear beltech is slackin off. so i know i am not going with there drop. i have allways used djm spindles when i bag some ones ride. so i know i am goign with them.
plus i am a FBI member. thing. and i can get the drop kit cheap threw them not cheap cheap but u know a lil discount. i think its like 330 thats shiped to my crib

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts

Actuley Belltech makes a shit ton of stuff for the colorado and everything is pretty good from them for our trucks. Now djm when they first release there arms they had problems with them bending and breaking. But that is all fixed now. Tom at streetbeat is a sponser of our site now so you can get really good discounts from him too now.

If money isnt a problem then I would get 2" belltech balljoints and the stainless steel adjustable damping belltech coilovers that come with adjustable damping rear shocks too. Then I would go with a block in the back or leafs and blocks. This set up will give you 2"-5 adjustable drop int he front and also ride really nice.

The problem with our trucks is no one makes a really really good replace front shock that why I said go with the coilover/shock combo because you are getting a bad ass shock with them. Belltech has a replacement shock coming out but it isnt adjustable damping so I dont know what its going to ride like.

check out my gallery for pics of the coilovers. I went with the arms instead of balljoints.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

lol. so u think i should go with the coilover and drop ball joints? up front? i was kinda wanting to do the control arms thoug.for when i do bag it i will have the uppers, and i can modify the bottom ones.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts

ok your bagging down the road. Well you could do the djm a-arms and the coilovers then like I did then you will have 3-6" to play with. Belltech also makes a cheap coilover shock combo that is galvanized instead of stainless that has a better shock than stock but you can not adjust the damping or rebound like the stainless steel versons.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts