Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all just got a 07 Canyon crew can sle
Love it so far.
I would like to change the factory head unit to something after market.. I keep hearing something about the factory warning chime has to be wired up when putting an aftermarket radio. How do I do that?

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Just make sure you get an adaptor to go with the head unit. There are a bunch of posts here about which ones are better than others.

·
Registered
870 Posts
It depends on the wiring harness you get. Choose one from Crutchfiels and pay the extra to connect the harness together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just make sure you get an adaptor to go with the head unit. There are a bunch of posts here about which ones are better than others.
Thanks! As soon as i figure out why the engine dies sometimes when i come to a full stop. :/ I will be installing the radio if I haven’t set it ablaze yet out of frustration lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It depends on the wiring harness you get. Choose one from Crutchfiels and pay the extra to connect the harness together.
I’m familiar with the wiring of a harness but crutch fields website says that it’s something you need to do on the cars end, as far as tapping into it. I wish I could just see there schematics

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello all just got a 07 Canyon crew can sle
Love it so far.
I would like to change the factory head unit to something after market.. I keep hearing something about the factory warning chime has to be wired up when putting an aftermarket radio. How do I do that?
The chime unit is a seperate item you hook up to your radio harness with your aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got a nice double DIN unit and adapter kit from Amazon. Works great. Chimes and turn signals still work as they did before, but they sound better! And the bluetooth is great. If you want info, PM me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got a nice double DIN unit and adapter kit from Amazon. Works great. Chimes and turn signals still work as they did before, but they sound better! And the bluetooth is great. If you want info, PM me.
Hell yea what model was it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts