Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Chevy Colorado

Considering buying, currently have a 2wd 3.5l I5 crew cab. Obviously am only interested because of the V8 wish it was 4x4. The truck drove great, engine has enormous amounts of power compared to the I5 LOL The lift seems a little sketchy throwing CEL's and the front end around the tires squeaks going over bumps and turning. Exhaust chopped off at the second CAT. Lots of cosmetic issues here and there but that all cleans up. Probably needs a real good tune but curious if anyone has any thoughts if I should sell my current truck and get this new project? Definitely a fun toy lol

·
Monkey Slut!
9,474 Posts
I wouldn't, the ABS has me concerned and 90k is a lot of miles. I would just invest in some mods to gain more power and keep your truck.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
I would suggest that you pass on that deal and hold out for the 4wd that you want. As Jesse said, 90,000 is a lot for a 2009. While the owner claims regular oil changes, I suspect the rest of the drivetrain has been neglected. It is strange that a Dealer sold the truck to the owner with the "lights" on. Don't for one second believe that the DTCs were set due to the lift. If they appeared at the time of lift, some shade tree mechanics caused the problem. If you have the tooling/money/experience/time to deal with this "fixer upper", and just have to have it, don't pay a cent over $10,000. I think that V8s are great, just not this one. Especially with the unknown trouble codes.

·
Roll Damn Tide!
631 Posts
quickly turn and run away...

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Lights could all be due to damaged abs sensors...or could be bigger. Hard to say. 90k doesn't seem that high to me. I've got that many on my 09 and if I had stayed in SoCal would probably have been at 120k+ by now

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Yeah, the amount of stuff wrong with that truck, and the high miles kill the price for me. Especially if you specifically want a 4x4.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Chris you drive too much. :lol:

My 05 has less than 120k.
In the two yrs since I've moved I've only put 10k on her lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts