Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think it's time to wax the truck. Last wax was only 3 months ago:thumbup: But the weather up here (NE Ohio) sux!!! Anyway the stuff i used last time (turtle wax) sucked balls. I was wondering what you guys had used/liked/hated for waxes. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
i picked up some of that Nanowax from eagle1 i haven't used it yet. what i have used, and like very much is Meguires Show Car polish, it works really well at getting the "swirls" out of the clearcoat and when i used it on my black S-10, it looked like a mirror when i got done. straight hotness

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long does it hold up? Problem up here is I get maybe one chance to wax after the snow flys. (That hasn't happened until late Jan the past few years though so I got some time)

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
well id say the Nanowax lasts longer than Meguiars NXT...sorry for the only comparison I have is these two. I used the nxt which i love because it goes on and comes off so easily but it lasted through about a month of downpour and dirt and leaves and snow...The nanowax lasted about twice that although it didnt go through the snow...These are the only two products I use myself so thas all i got:mc: :mc: Hope it helps tho!:355group:

·
Registered
7,668 Posts

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks that does help I just wish it would last a lil longer. Guess I'll be waxing in my parents garage this winter :lol:

Anyone use the Smart Wax?

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
waxing in the summer is all fun and games, invite your friends over have a cold one, everyone can join in haha...in the winter no one wants to come over and wax their rides ahaha I remember washing my truck and having the water freeze on the hood and drip off into icicles! Then i had to pull it inside to thaw it off to wax it! I usually do the spray wax in between actually waxing it, the spray wax helps to bring back the protection and shine that your existing coat of wax provided SWEEETRUCK!!:tayo: :tayo:

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha nice. I've never had the water freeze on me. That maybe cuz i usually wait till its the odd day where we had 4" of snow yesterday then it's 50 some odd degrees. Man I HATE IT HERE!!!

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
haha dang man thas crazyness 4" of snow and then warm...

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent...Thanks:355:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts