Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I did a quick search to see if there was a similar topic but couldn't find one so if this is a repeat my apologies.

I have tried a ton of different waxes on the market. It wasn't until the body man where I work suggested this one that I realized that not all are created equal. It is called Collinite Insulating Wax. I put this on my truck back in early September and after several car washes and several more rain storms the water still beads off. Bug guts come off a lot easier now as well. The stuff goes on pretty quickly and buffs off real easy.

Something you guys might want to think about if you're in the market for a new detailing product...

----Peace----

Long Live The Nation

·
Registered
386 Posts
That's exactly what I use. Works great.:th_woot:

·
Registered
7 Posts
40+ years of doing this both "old school" & hi-tech, Collinite is tough to beat. The #845 shown above is the "easier to use" version of their #476 super double coat paste wax. great shine & durability. For a "show car" look (your finish must be clean & pristine to start) their #915 is made in limited quantities & is superb( it's a little pricey). For winter applicactions I also move to their fleet wax #885 for boats & aeronautical. Bigger can seems about the same as 476 but maybe even a bit more durable. Snow, salt, mud, & crud & still shiny & beading in the spring. Easy to use as anything else & lasts longer than anything I have seen.

Collinites' website is Collinite Auto, Marine and Industrial Wax Products Official Site Collinite they have details there. Their site is not too glamorous or market driven but they have great stuff!

·
Boost. Get's you laid.
2,400 Posts
I like Meguiars. I don't own a show truck with a $10,000 paint job, so "diy grade" wax/polish is good enough for me.

I usually go with Ultimate Compound first, then go back over it with Deep Crystal Carnauba. My results have always been great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts