Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any tricks of how to get the white wax marks off my plastic bumper trim and stuff? Or how to prevent this in the future?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about isopropyl alcohol? And just put on gloves rub the peanut butter in and wash off?

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Be sure to use 'smooth' , not 'crunchy' peanut butter. The 'dingleberry' look of the crunchy is not appealing. Just say'n.

:lmaop:

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
In the past I used WD40!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Be careful using IPA on plastic as it can dry out and crack the plastic. I use Detail Spray to remove wax from plastic. Spray it, let it soak, then remove using a microfiber towel.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so the conclusion, i fould that wd-40 seems to be the fastest and easiest way to remove the wax from plastic its so east grab a can spray it on wipe it off it makes the plastic clean and relly shiny and probably acts as a rust protector between metal and plastic seams like on our bumpers where rust usually forms first! peanut butter worked too it just you have to wash it off after

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
so the conclusion, i fould that wd-40 seems to be the fastest and easiest way to remove the wax from plastic its so east grab a can spray it on wipe it off it makes the plastic clean and relly shiny and probably acts as a rust protector between metal and plastic seams like on our bumpers where rust usually forms first! peanut butter worked too it just you have to wash it off after
I use to do it in Hawaii on the paint to remove water spots too

Sent from my C771 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
While the above suggestions work. The more conventional method is simply a quick detailer spray such as Meguair's or Mother's with a microfiber towel. A soft toothbrush and/or toothpick for crevices.

Respectfully submitted,
BINGO53

1 - 14 of 14 Posts