Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

WCSM '10 Travel plans

2K views 60 replies 10 participants last post by  Turbo EJ 
#1 · (Edited)
I told SC's mom that I'd post up a thread about what people's travel plans were for driving down to Fresno for the WCSM in June. So, if you already know your plans, post up what they are and that way, hopefully, people can hook up and drive down together. Just post what day and the time you are leaving. If you're not sure, post up anyway so others can get some idea.

Friday, June 25th
1. Raidrz - 6am - straight through to Fresno

Thursday, June 24th
1. Raidrz - 6am - Staying the night in SF (maybe) - Driving to Fresno Friday morning

Sorry Jay. I forgot all about the thread you started back in Jan. until I just seen it.

See less See more
#2 ·
I know that some of the Portland guys were talking about leaving way early Friday morning maybe we could meet up in Roseburg at 6am.. I might be spending Thursday there anyway.

Friday, June 25th
1. Raidrz - 6am - straight through to Fresno
2. Jaygold61

Thursday, June 24th
1. Raidrz - 6am - Staying the night in SF (maybe) - Driving to Fresno Friday morning

#8 ·
Friday, June 25th
1. Raidrz
2. Jaygold61
3. Turbo EJ
4. 2wenty2
5. Hood Star
6. dents-n-dings

Thursday, June 24th
1. Raidrz (maybe)

I'm gonna Try to Meet Up with the PDX Crew as well.....

No Guarantees They'll Wait Up for Me in the Siskyiou's though. :lmaop:

#11 ·
Yup...damn right. I do seem to remember certain people getting tickets and pussy footing it back though..... :lol: The hour we saved by speeding just doesnt justify the cost of the ticket. I do 65 now and get about 21MPG out of the truck. Either way, if I make it this year, I'll be truckless. If I am able to make it, I'll be flying in. Way to hard to do 2 trips to cali this year. Too damn expensive.

#13 ·
:lol: I cut you off...I was already in the far left lane...I'm just glad he didnt nail me cause I really would have been screwed. I thinking I was doing much faster than you and troy trying to catch back up. Yeah taking the truck is part of the experience but I will prolly be hitting Lake Havasu, and cali in one go around in the early fall. I just can't afford 2 trips. Especially hauling the trailer as well down there. I've made the last 2. It looks like its gonna be a big meet this year. I'm sure you'll find someone else to razz on. :fugrin:

#17 ·
Friday, June 25th
1. Raidrz
2. Jaygold61
3. Turbo EJ
4. 2wenty2
5. Hood Star
6. dents-n-dings
7. SC

Thursday, June 24th
1. Raidrz (maybe)

Friday for sure it's 10 hours from here and I would love to meet up with everyone. Thanks Raidrz for starting this thread... it took me forever to sign it! Three more months WCSM!
I can't wait to meet all SC's friends!

RC
:355:

#20 ·
Do you guys have an estimated time that you'll be passin through my town? Either way you go to Fresno, I-5 or HWY-99, you have to pass through Stockton :naughty:

#21 ·
What's the best way to go Dan? Been 25+ years since I've been down that way. Not sure on the time though. David, Tommy and whoever else are suppose to be leaving Portland around 2am or so. And I plan on hooking up with them as they pass through my town about 3 hours later.

#22 ·
Well, from Portland to Sacramento, the 5 and 99 are one. Then split in south Sacramento and remain separated until the south side of Bakersfield. Stockton is 45 minutes south of Sacramento. I recommend you guys stay on 5 until Lathrop which is 15 minutes south of Stockton. Then you can take HWY 120 east to 99 south.

Word of caution for the lowered trucks! STAY IN THE FAR LEFT LANE through Stockton until you get to HWY 4. The center and right lanes will make your truck bottom out badly and has been known to bend big wheels.

#24 ·
Friday, June 25th
1. Raidrz
2. Jaygold61
3. Turbo EJ
4. 2wenty2
5. Hood Star
6. dents-n-dings
7. SC

Plans are set for me. Friday morning it is. I know you guys up in PDX are leaving early, and Jay will be down here in my neck of the woods already. How about we meet up for breakfast at the Creekside Restaurant at the Seven feathers Truck and Travel Center at Exit 99 in Canyonville. It's right off the freeway. Easy off / easy on.

#33 ·
That spot seems perfect to meet up.

In my opinion, I would rather NOT stop to eat. If you guys want to meet up a little earlier to catch a bite and all thats cool. I would rather stop for 10-15 minutes and grab you guys and leave.. rather than sitting for 1-2hrs to eat.

I just say this because the last time we went down.. we left at 2am and didnt get to San Fran until about 1:30. That was with rest room breaks and gas. as it is.. if we do the same thing we will be arriving into fresno about 3-4pm depending on how many gas and bathroom stops we do. if we add that extra 2 hours onto the trip.. it will be 5-6 before we arrive.

I would like to do what we did last time. Just bring snacks or sandwiches with us.. only stop for gas or bathroom.. and when we get to fresno, find somewhere to eat.

thats just my 2cents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.