Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
SOLD!!!
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
What's the best way to go Dan? Been 25+ years since I've been down that way. Not sure on the time though. David, Tommy and whoever else are suppose to be leaving Portland around 2am or so. And I plan on hooking up with them as they pass through my town about 3 hours later.

·
CALI BOSS
6,326 Posts
Well, from Portland to Sacramento, the 5 and 99 are one. Then split in south Sacramento and remain separated until the south side of Bakersfield. Stockton is 45 minutes south of Sacramento. I recommend you guys stay on 5 until Lathrop which is 15 minutes south of Stockton. Then you can take HWY 120 east to 99 south.

Word of caution for the lowered trucks! STAY IN THE FAR LEFT LANE through Stockton until you get to HWY 4. The center and right lanes will make your truck bottom out badly and has been known to bend big wheels.

·
SOLD!!!
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Friday, June 25th
1. Raidrz
2. Jaygold61
3. Turbo EJ
4. 2wenty2
5. Hood Star
6. dents-n-dings
7. SC

Plans are set for me. Friday morning it is. I know you guys up in PDX are leaving early, and Jay will be down here in my neck of the woods already. How about we meet up for breakfast at the Creekside Restaurant at the Seven feathers Truck and Travel Center at Exit 99 in Canyonville. It's right off the freeway. Easy off / easy on.

·
SOLD!!!
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Friday for sure it's 10 hours from here and I would love to meet up with everyone. Thanks Raidrz for starting this thread... it took me forever to sign it! Three more months WCSM!
I can't wait to meet all SC's friends!

RC
:355:
Do you guys have a plan yet on when you're leaving and where you plan on getting on I-5 at?

·
Another day.....
2,704 Posts
I know we are figuring out where to meet but......................Who is driving back to portland after the meet???????????????

·
SOLD!!!
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I know we are figuring out where to meet but......................Who is driving back to portland after the meet???????????????
I'll be driving back up to Oregon early Sunday morning. My brother in law has to catch a flight to Seattle that night. And I live about 3 hours south of PDX.

·
Another day.....
2,704 Posts
I'll be driving back up to Oregon early Sunday morning. My brother in law has to catch a flight to Seattle that night. And I live about 3 hours south of PDX.
Well at least threw cali I can join ya. We can talk about it later at the meet. I still got to finalize a couple things for this trip.

·
Another day.....
2,704 Posts
Soooooooooo..........is anyone else who i have`nt Pm`d yet gonna drive back to Portland sunday morning besides raiderz?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Friday, June 25th
1. Raidrz
2. Jaygold61
3. Turbo EJ
4. 2wenty2
5. Hood Star
6. dents-n-dings
7. SC

Plans are set for me. Friday morning it is. I know you guys up in PDX are leaving early, and Jay will be down here in my neck of the woods already. How about we meet up for breakfast at the Creekside Restaurant at the Seven feathers Truck and Travel Center at Exit 99 in Canyonville. It's right off the freeway. Easy off / easy on.

That spot seems perfect to meet up.

In my opinion, I would rather NOT stop to eat. If you guys want to meet up a little earlier to catch a bite and all thats cool. I would rather stop for 10-15 minutes and grab you guys and leave.. rather than sitting for 1-2hrs to eat.

I just say this because the last time we went down.. we left at 2am and didnt get to San Fran until about 1:30. That was with rest room breaks and gas. as it is.. if we do the same thing we will be arriving into fresno about 3-4pm depending on how many gas and bathroom stops we do. if we add that extra 2 hours onto the trip.. it will be 5-6 before we arrive.

I would like to do what we did last time. Just bring snacks or sandwiches with us.. only stop for gas or bathroom.. and when we get to fresno, find somewhere to eat.

thats just my 2cents

·
Hybrid
5,842 Posts
We're gonna bail on the Convoy.....

Leaving early Thurs morning and staying in Shaver, then Wheelin' with Cali on Fri morn.

and, Momma wants to take it easy on the way back on Sun.

So, we have no schedule on the way back, mabye stay a night in Shasta.

·
SOLD!!!
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Yeah I had read somewhere where you had already posted you were leaving Thursday. Anyway, if you have any problems when you get down my way (Roseburg/Winston), hit me up and I'll see what I can do to help. I'm also coming back sometime on Sunday. I'll PM you my cell if you want it.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Soooooooooo..........is anyone else who i have`nt Pm`d yet gonna drive back to Portland sunday morning besides raiderz?
We will be also heading home Sunday after check out.

Counting the days!!!!!

WCSM
:thumbup:

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
That spot seems perfect to meet up.

In my opinion, I would rather NOT stop to eat. If you guys want to meet up a little earlier to catch a bite and all thats cool. I would rather stop for 10-15 minutes and grab you guys and leave.. rather than sitting for 1-2hrs to eat.

I just say this because the last time we went down.. we left at 2am and didnt get to San Fran until about 1:30. That was with rest room breaks and gas. as it is.. if we do the same thing we will be arriving into fresno about 3-4pm depending on how many gas and bathroom stops we do. if we add that extra 2 hours onto the trip.. it will be 5-6 before we arrive.

I would like to do what we did last time. Just bring snacks or sandwiches with us.. only stop for gas or bathroom.. and when we get to fresno, find somewhere to eat.

thats just my 2cents
Please let me know if you guys are stopping or not? We would love to meet up!
:355group:

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Friday, June 25th
1. Raidrz
2. Jaygold61
3. Turbo EJ
4. 2wenty2
5. Hood Star
6. dents-n-dings
7. SC

Meeting Spot still on? Time?

21 - 40 of 61 Posts