Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Professional Shit Stirrer
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it has become a tradition every year, for as long as I've been around at least, to have an off road meet the day before the big meet, and I don't want to stand in the way of tradition. Far from it, I want you guys to continue it and I might even try to be part of it this year.

Thankfully, there is a wonderful SVRA just 30 minutes from the place we are holding this year's WCSM. Prairie City SVRA

I'm going to look into this further for you guys as soon as I have more time, but the next two weeks are completely and utterly booked for me. In fact, over the next 5 days, I don't think I've budgeted time for sleep. But who cars right? I'll sleep when I'm dead.

Just like everything with this year's meet, I REALLY want your guys' input and advice on how I can make this a great experience for everyone. I've said it a hundred times, I want THIS meet to be the one that all others are measured by and I sincerely hope you guys want that too.

I'll be looking into costs ASAP and get back to you, but I wanted to get the ball rolling on this part of the plan as well.

Thanks,

-Matt :355group:

EDIT: So this is still a thing lol

So the plan is, for those of you wishing to attend the offroad portion of the meet this year, that we meet at my house in Natomas which is about a 2min drive from the hotel. We'll meet at my house around 10am and get to the SVRA at 11am. It's about a 35min drive form my house to the SVRA (barring traffic conditions) and is mostly freeway. We'll do hoodrat stuff until someone breaks something, or they kick us out, and then head back to the hotel and talk about food, and more importantly, beer.

Some key details:

Steve of Slick and Dirty Motorsports will be there covering the event for Offroad Xtreme so it's a very good chance to get your truck in a magazine. I can tell you, there are few moments in your gearhead life that will match the feeling you get when you see your truck in a magazine.

The meet up spot is at my house, near the hotel:

2475 Minden Ct
Sacramento, CA 95835

The SVRA address is:

13300 White Rock Road
Rancho Cordova CA 95742

Admission to the SVRA is $5 for the day, and they are open from 8am to 8pm. With this being a weekend, I'm not sure how packed they will be, but if it's anything like the other parks in the area, expect that we won't be the only people there. Here is a map of the park: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1170/files/prairiecitymap_web-1.pdf It also has some basic information regarding the rules around operating a vehicle there.

And lastly, for those who have not ordered your WCSM 2015 shirts yet, they are available at http://pdxgrafix.com/PDX/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=379 for $25 and they look great. You will pull ALL the ladies with one of these things.

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
I think Sam @nameless has been there recently. Maybe he could give some input and advice.

·
Crash The Gate At 98 10-4
215 Posts
I just watched some you tube videos of the place. Looks like theres a few things mild enough for a daily driver to play on for sure. Also shes gotta get me 700 miles back home so can't be gettin to squirrly.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I was there a few months back and rode mx track.
It was $5 for all day and Im alomost positive its the same for wheeling. Although when i was there didnt really check out the wheeling area to much. Did see some mild hill climbs, there is a few rock crawl hill climbs that got Mocha Jos name written all over it ;)
And mud pits that are basically free for alls.
Matt ill pm you. I might be able to get up there this weekend or next to help with details about Prairie and snag some pics of the place and there obstacles

·
Registered
22 Posts
Those who want to go hardcore can drive the 90min & test their skillz on the Rubicon. A stock 4wd could probably make it to Ellis creek but Walker hill will stop the guys with less than 35's.

·
Hybrid
5,842 Posts
Yay!

·
Professional Shit Stirrer
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It may not be a challenging area, but I think that the point is to have fun with our friends than show who's truck can wade through chest deep mud or pull itself up a cliff face.

Sam, if you go out there in the next couple weeks, could you do a little leg work for us and let us know how the park is situated and also the costs?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Count me in. Not 35" tires but I will try anything with my 33's

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sam, if you go out there in the next couple weeks, could you do a little leg work for us and let us know how the park is situated and also the costs?
I was going to head out there tmrrw but found out the park is closed this weekend. So next weekend ill shoot to get up there to check it out, get park details, and pictures of it all and i will post them in this thread.

·
Crash The Gate At 98 10-4
215 Posts
Thats definitely how feel just a place for 4x4 guys to get together and also to play around. I've been watching you tube vids of the place there is alot of great stuff for lightly modified rigs to do. Also "google maps" the place with satellite and between that and you tube you can really see what your getting into. Mines a daily driver plus a 700 mile treck home and theres definitely plenty i feel comfortable trying. This is all just off the web. First hand advice and heads up will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
242 Posts
We have any updates on how the off-road meet is coming along?

·
Nation Affiliate
2,074 Posts
Do we have a list of whos going to the off-road meet? Did want to throw it out there that I will be covering the off-road meet for OffRoadXtreme.com and doing an article and pictures on it, so if you want to be featured in a magazine get out to the off-road meet!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts