Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what are everyone's travel plans:
travel times, nights staying,side trips (Yosemite park) hint

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
At this point I dont know. If I want to attend this year it may be truckless. I may have to just fly down or carpool with someone. I already have to drive down in October to Pismo with the jetskis, and I dont think I will be able to afford two Cali trips of gas.

·
SOLD!!!
4,508 Posts
I'll be headed down on the morning of the 25th (fri) and driving straight back on the 27th (Sun). I'm game for caravaning down and/or back for those that might be doing the same.

·
Hybrid
5,842 Posts
We're doing the Family thing, so I'm still in the proccess of planning....WCSM, 6 Flags, Redwoods, and Shasta.

I'll be towing the Coly down with the Tahoe, so no Convoy for us. :cry:

But take pictures when you all blow on by..... :lol:

·
Another day.....
2,704 Posts
Still in the planning it out. I am gonna take a full week off so still undetermined when I am leaving and coming back also how long of a drive is it at least to sacramento?

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Me and tommy were thinking we would go down a day before and stay in San Fran. Then hit the meet the next day then after that head to LA for a few days. Then on the way back we are gunna roll to vegas for a day or two then head home.

·
CALI BOSS
6,326 Posts
At this point I dont know. If I want to attend this year it may be truckless. I may have to just fly down or carpool with someone. I already have to drive down in October to Pismo with the jetskis, and I dont think I will be able to afford two Cali trips of gas.
[email protected]???? DUUUUUUDE, you need to bring quads or a sand rail to Pismo! The Pismo dunes > the ocean. BNe ware or broken vehicle parts along the shore :lol:

Me and tommy were thinking we would go down a day before and stay in San Fran. Then hit the meet the next day then after that head to LA for a few days. Then on the way back we are gunna roll to vegas for a day or two then head home.
That's one hell of a plan! :355:

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
[email protected]???? DUUUUUUDE, you need to bring quads or a sand rail to Pismo! The Pismo dunes > the ocean. BNe ware or broken vehicle parts along the shore :lol:

That's one hell of a plan! :355:
Northwest Freeride is going to be hosting the Pismo Rager after the world finals this year. One weekend of total chaos. :) Given that IM active with them I have to make sure Im there. We will see how money looks as the time gets closer. Just 2k miles in a lifted truck hurts. Last time was 15.5 MPG coming down. Just cant keep up with the lowered truck fuel economy wise.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Northwest Freeride is going to be hosting the Pismo Rager after the world finals this year. One weekend of total chaos. :) We will see how money looks as the time gets closer. Just 2k in a lifted truck hurts. Last time was 15.5 MPG coming down. Just cant keep up with the lowered truck.
Edited it for you lol. I got just as shitty mileage as you heading down there. Think the only one that got good MPG was Tommy cause he was rolling on stock rims.

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
:lol: I thought you guys got alot better than I did. Seemed like I was the only one that had to keep doing full fills. Didnt realize it was as shitty for you.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Yea me and Troy were at like half a tank and Tommy would only be at a quarter. Everytime we stopped for gas I had a quarter tank or less. I might get with phillip before the meet and see if there is anything he can do...seems like ever since he slapped that tune on there that tommy got from someone it has been pissing gas like no other....although it did fix the problems I had with the previous tune lol.

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
With the ricer tune off the truck and back to the latest stock its running much better. Efan mod has helped alot. Going to a supermod efan in a few months to help keep cooler when towing, and hopefully a PTB. I may get phillip to do a tune as well. Everyone seems pretty happy with his. BTW...we having a spring met or no go?

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
We can....there still any Washington guys that would wanna come down? I know most the oregon guys would attend.

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
Sorry for the thread Hijack. Dunno. Most of the guys are in OR now. Only ones I know left up here are Me, Matt, Josh, and Jordan. Maybe some of the new guys will come but not sure. Throw up a thread? Im good for any weekend other than 19-21 March.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Thats shitty mileage guys, i think i got like 21-23 on the way up there. We were averaging like 75mph. Dan can confirm this.

·
CALI BOSS
6,326 Posts
Yeah, I was getting around 400 miles per tank going up/down the 5

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
Damn...the entire time Ive owned my truck I have never seen above 340 miles to the tank. Lucky. :(

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
You must drive too damn hard. I avg about 300 per tank and when i drove to Yosemite i got like 350 to the tank with premium and all highway.

·
CALI BOSS
6,326 Posts
Best I've gotten was coming back from Vegas last year doing 85-95 mph with a 4000' altutude change at 434 on 18.9 gallons.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts