Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Can I get more information on this so I can look into it?

- Cricket
?
Seems to me that if you expect us to spend our valuable time to figure out the new format, then you should be willing to spend some of your valuable time to figure out the old format that you felt needed changed to the new format.
I just couldn't resist...

·
Registered
93 Posts
@JimDirt/05 I forgot about a way to creat a 2 click system to get to anything you want to frequent regularly on the forum.

I created a couple bookmarks on my browser. I did the same thing on the old forum.
View attachment 339812

So to fix the problem , I am supposed to make 20 bookmarks in my browser ??? ,OR , I could go on the OLD site and just click on something that is there on the main page in plain view and easily accessed with 1 click ..... This is not a solution ... this is a work around to a problem that should not have been a problem in the first place .... and THAT is my entire point .... This site looks EXACTLY like Colorado Fans , which is crap just like this one is now and why I do not go there and why I ended up here in the first place , because this site WAS well thought out , easily navigated and everything you needed was right there with 1 click , you did not have to "adapt" to anything , the site worked and WAS enjoyable to use ..... now after several minutes of searching I finally found the section where I had posted a question , because it was hidden in a area I would never have looked at to find it (why is Electrical hidden under a drop down tab in Aesthetics ??? , its Electrical , it should have its own main menu place like it did before , but instead I had to click here , oops , not there ... click here , oops not there ... oh there it is hidden here , that was after I had to click on the link that said "Show the rest of the forum" or whatever it says to click on to show what should be on the FORUM page , instead it only shows 3 or 4 and then you have to click on this , to show this , to search for this , that is hidden behind that .....That is a improvement ???? ... ,

Now this site is just like the crappy site I passed up to join here , in every way , it looks and functions just as crappy , actually it looks EXACTLY like it , was the webmaster too lazy to come up with a actual idea of his own ?? , and just copied the crappiest site he could locate and go , hey , this will be perfect !! , I will make this site just as crappy , actually , it will be a exact copy of the worst navigable site I can find , yea , that will bring in loads of people .... ......... . because we used to be able to navigate without 20 steps and a bag of tricks and workarounds , and 10 minutes to do what took 10 seconds before , because we have to search here to find what was there , that is now hidden somewhere else.................................I appreciate the suggestion , but it is not a solution ..... , its everyone having to try to make things work and doing a half assed work around to find a poor solution to a problem that did not exist before this change , because the site now is a joke to navigate .....

What I could do before , is go to the old site , click on where I want , and read or post .... it pretty much takes the time to do what I just explained , the time it took to read that .... now its a major effort and 20 workarounds to do what was simple and looked and worked nice and easily before .... again , was this site built by GoDaddy ??? , it sure looks generic enough to pass for a free do it yourself wannabe site ...... it didn't used to , but it sure does now ... I have a friend that is a upholsterer , that helped out with a gaming site we used to be in , what he did for a first timer makes this look like Helen Keller tried her hand at making this one , then let her guide dog push the buttons ....

I am not saying it's your fault personally , I am generalizing this site and the people that run it , that this is not a acceptable solution to a problem that did not exist till now .....

The only reason I am posting now , is to reply to your comments ..... other than that .... its too much effort to look for things now . and if I wanted to navigate a crappy site , I would have joined Colorado Fans instead .....

·
Super Moderator
13,694 Posts
Seems we lost the ability to embed google docs and google sheets. Any plans to restore this capability?

·
Super Moderator
13,694 Posts
The "how-to" template included the 355Nation logo between the disclaimer section and the "A 355nation How To presented by" section. The logo is no longer appearing on the template nor any of the existing how-to's.

·
Administrator
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Seems we lost the ability to embed google docs and google sheets. Any plans to restore this capability?

The "how-to" template included the 355Nation logo between the disclaimer section and the "A 355nation How To presented by" section. The logo is no longer appearing on the template nor any of the existing how-to's.

Let me see what I can find out about this.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
1,877 Posts
So to fix the problem , I am supposed to make 20 bookmarks in my browser ??? ,OR , I could go on the OLD site and just click on something that is there on the main page in plain view and easily accessed with 1 click ..... This is not a solution ... this is a work around to a problem that should not have been a problem in the first place .... and THAT is my entire point .... This site looks EXACTLY like Colorado Fans , which is crap just like this one is now and why I do not go there and why I ended up here in the first place , because this site WAS well thought out , easily navigated and everything you needed was right there with 1 click , you did not have to "adapt" to anything , the site worked and WAS enjoyable to use ..... now after several minutes of searching I finally found the section where I had posted a question , because it was hidden in a area I would never have looked at to find it (why is Electrical hidden under a drop down tab in Aesthetics ??? , its Electrical , it should have its own main menu place like it did before , but instead I had to click here , oops , not there ... click here , oops not there ... oh there it is hidden here , that was after I had to click on the link that said "Show the rest of the forum" or whatever it says to click on to show what should be on the FORUM page , instead it only shows 3 or 4 and then you have to click on this , to show this , to search for this , that is hidden behind that .....That is a improvement ???? ... ,

Now this site is just like the crappy site I passed up to join here , in every way , it looks and functions just as crappy , actually it looks EXACTLY like it , was the webmaster too lazy to come up with a actual idea of his own ?? , and just copied the crappiest site he could locate and go , hey , this will be perfect !! , I will make this site just as crappy , actually , it will be a exact copy of the worst navigable site I can find , yea , that will bring in loads of people .... ......... . because we used to be able to navigate without 20 steps and a bag of tricks and workarounds , and 10 minutes to do what took 10 seconds before , because we have to search here to find what was there , that is now hidden somewhere else.................................I appreciate the suggestion , but it is not a solution ..... , its everyone having to try to make things work and doing a half assed work around to find a poor solution to a problem that did not exist before this change , because the site now is a joke to navigate .....

What I could do before , is go to the old site , click on where I want , and read or post .... it pretty much takes the time to do what I just explained , the time it took to read that .... now its a major effort and 20 workarounds to do what was simple and looked and worked nice and easily before .... again , was this site built by GoDaddy ??? , it sure looks generic enough to pass for a free do it yourself wannabe site ...... it didn't used to , but it sure does now ... I have a friend that is a upholsterer , that helped out with a gaming site we used to be in , what he did for a first timer makes this look like Helen Keller tried her hand at making this one , then let her guide dog push the buttons ....

I am not saying it's your fault personally , I am generalizing this site and the people that run it , that this is not a acceptable solution to a problem that did not exist till now .....

The only reason I am posting now , is to reply to your comments ..... other than that .... its too much effort to look for things now . and if I wanted to navigate a crappy site , I would have joined Colorado Fans instead .....
Respectfully, you aren't going to come around by attempting to convince you through discussion and logical reasoning. I think you win the debate between old vs new. Thanks for being a member up to this point. If you decide to come back, we'll be here. Wish you nothing but the best bud. ✌

·
Super Moderator
1,877 Posts
For anyone that hasn't noticed an alternative way to get to sub forums from the main forum listing on your phones web browser.

I noticed that when the phone is in landscape it shows a "Sub-forums" drop down under each sub section title.

Once clicked, it allows to choose the desired sub forum without having to go into the sub section itself.

It's a nice find. It probably doesn't show on portrait to compensate for sub section title length possibilities.

@Admin maybe this is something that can be incorporated into portrait mode as well?

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
I don't know if this would satisfy any of the complaints/issues people are having, but I wonder if including an option to always expand the forum listing would help? That way, instead of having to drill down into the section you want, it would all be displayed for you to choose from?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Please recreate the fast links on the top of the old forum. I want one-two max clicks for New Posts since last visit, posts today, tagged threads, all of that. It's not at all easy to replicate in this new format.

·
Super Moderator
1,877 Posts
I've got another one that would be good to have. This too is a small formatting change.

On the sub forums for the (2004 - 2012) it is blank after the sub forum title. When looking at the Popular Posts, it shows the sub forum title. A user can't tell if it's for a 1st gen or 2nd gen sub forum. Unless, they know that 2nd gen sub forums have a (2015+) at the end of the.

I would standardize a suffix on sub forums. I would either go with a suffix standard of (1st Gen) & (2nd Gen) or (2004-2012) & (2015+) since the (2015+) already exists. That will avoid any frustration.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
I'll admit I enjoyed the familiarity of the old format but I'll get used to this one as well. I joined Coloradfans forum a couple months ago and it's growing on me now.

All and all it should help a Colorado owner search between here and Coloradofans with greater ease.

I think it's a great transition and I look forward to the future of 355nation.

Thanks from WV.

·
Administrator
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I've got another one that would be good to have. This too is a small formatting change.

On the sub forums for the (2004 - 2012) it is blank after the sub forum title. When looking at the Popular Posts, it shows the sub forum title. A user can't tell if it's for a 1st gen or 2nd gen sub forum. Unless, they know that 2nd gen sub forums have a (2015+) at the end of the.

I would standardize a suffix on sub forums. I would either go with a suffix standard of (1st Gen) & (2nd Gen) or (2004-2012) & (2015+) since the (2015+) already exists. That will avoid any frustration.

View attachment 339840

View attachment 339841
I will pass on your feedback to the team.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Please recreate the fast links on the top of the old forum. I want one-two max clicks for New Posts since last visit, posts today, tagged threads, all of that. It's not at all easy to replicate in this new format.
How To Find New Posts & Use Filters
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the upward-pointing arrow and then select “New Posts” from the drop-down menu.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. You can also choose to set special filters or mark all posts read on that same page.

Is this what you are looking for?

- Cricket

61 - 80 of 93 Posts