Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, been having some weird issues with my truck when traveling on the highway. First, i get on the highway on 2WD, and everything is good, i accelarate to about 60-65 mph, and everything is feeling good, but sometimes, randomly, i start feeling this really weird vibration that comes from the front end, it almost feels like when you go over the white line on the shoulder of the highway, if i keep going, it comes and goes, but if i pull over and stop, and put it on 4x4 it stops.
Has this happened to anyone or does anybody have an idea on what it might be?

·
Retired and Sleeping Late
337 Posts
Check your U-joints and CV shafts for slack. Sounds like something is going out and putting it into 4WD it tightens up the slack in the drivetrain.

·
337 Posts
RockAuto Parts Catalog

If you can do the work yourself, there's your source for parts plus you can get a discount from the code they post on the forums here.

If not, I'd call around. Labor is going to be your killer, not the parts....unless you want to buy from the stealership.

·
337 Posts
Don't get the cheapest u-joints, buy a name brand. The no names tend to not last anywhere near what the better brands do.
x2 on this one. My originals only lasted about 50K miles. Second set I bought O'Reilly Precision (Federal-Mogul brand I think) greasable ones which lasted me over double that. I'm on my third set of Moog U-joints now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
x2 on this one. My originals only lasted about 50K miles. Second set I bought O'Reilly Precision (Federal-Mogul brand I think) greasable ones which lasted me over double that. I'm on my third set of Moog U-joints now.
yeah im gonna look into that, im definitely gonna do the work my self tho, dont wanna get raped in the shop

1 - 7 of 7 Posts