Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
yeah.. with everyone else.. not a fan of a sponsor coming here and there is no representative on board..

I found some wheels discount tire was getting feedback for on the yota forum, its a maker only DTD sells, they have a rep that posts there.. remembered they are a sponsor here so I came here to email them since I can't find an email address on the dtd site (DUMB) only to find we have none registered here..

LAME.

·
Professional Shit Stirrer
2,736 Posts
Sad.

I wanted to put some KDW 2's on my truck but because of the load rating, I couldn't. Apparently everyone is more worried about the loads I will never tow versus the 500hp that I DO have to worry about. Oh well. They lost out on some $. Still bought some nice Nitto's from them.

Bought a set of BFG's last week. Always pleased with America's Tire/Discount Tire.

·
Dont let the Nation die
2005 GMC Canyon z71 SLE 4x4 3.5L
15,948 Posts
KDW's are great tires. but they are being discontinued....

·
Registered
504 Posts
i got my Kumho Ecsta ASX 235/50/18s from a local discount tire, service was great in and out with in 30 minutes. how ever one of the sales reps told me my wheels would not fit on my truck... nissan titan wheels. i told him they would with the adapters i ordered. he did ask me if i was going to have the titans machined tho. im not, hens the adapters... i wanted them to sit out a bit.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I understand that for alot of us we know more about what we use our trucks for than a discount tire salesman. Im not trying to get into a argument with anyone on here over it but I dont see how them fixing flats for free, rotating and balancing for free, airchecks for free, as well as being the only company that offers certs which is basically getting a tire for free if anything goes wrong makes them a bad company...And considering most of us have some kind of custom setup on our trucks I dont see how you expect a nationwide company to be able to please all of us. Just my 2 cents. Ive been incredibly happy with my service from discount. And how do you guys want discount codes for tires when theyll beat anyones price in the first place? Thats kinda retarded
Couldn't have said it better.

No other shop could touch the price they offered on my Falken's. Go in on a slow day, end of the month, and you can usually work with the manager. I was out the door with 4 265/50/20 (not a cheap tire size), with certs, chrome valve stem sleeves and caps, and wheel locks for $650. Original price would have easily been more than a grand. Keep your cool and be nice; makes it easier for you to manipulate the salesman/manager for a better deal (then tip at least decent if you want to keep that door open because they keep a good record of every sale made per account).

·
Why?...'Merica!
3,134 Posts
My girlfriend had a nail in her side wall on her BMW which has continentals on it (not cheap tires). She got the nail in her tire the morning we were driving out of town for a 4 hour drive to our weekend getaway. We stopped by to see what they could do to help us. They made us a deal that we could not refuse. They gave us a free tire for the weekend that way we werent using the spare, and gave us 20% off when we came back to buy a new tire. They were awesome, I dont get my tires from them for my truck, but after that expirience, I most likely will from now on.

·
Stuck in the Mud!!!!
1,657 Posts
Just bought a set of 265/70R16 Grabber A/T2s, Thank you!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,312 Posts
I just bought a set of BFG All terrains. I found them cheaper, not only did they match the price, but beat it by $5 bucks per tire, and shipped them to me for free.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Online ordered a set of Unique 297 (Cragar Soft 8 look-alikes) from DTD. Getting excited- should be in any day now!!

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
I've been buying tires for 30 years all have come from your stores. Great service.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
:welcome2: :salute: :355group:

·
Registered
42 Posts
not trying to be on their side or anything with the sizes but discount gets fucked by how big of a company it is. In the discount tire system if your tire doesnt meet or exceed the load index that the manufacture equipped the car with in the first place legally they cant do anything. Like i understand that for alot of us we know more about what we use our trucks for than a discount tire salesman. Im not trying to get into a argument with anyone on here over it but I dont see how them fixing flats for free, rotating and balancing for free, airchecks for free, as well as being the only company that offers certs which is basically getting a tire for free if anything goes wrong makes them a bad company. Ill admit they shouldnt be a sponsor here but its not like the dudes that work there are retarded. At least at the ones Ive been to they havent been. And considering most of us have some kind of custom setup on our trucks I dont see how you expect a nationwide company to be able to please all of us. Just my 2 cents. Ive been incredibly happy with my service from discount. And how do you guys want discount codes for tires when theyll beat anyones price in the first place? Thats kinda retarded
All good points, but they DON'T beat anyone's prices on the tires I want, they NO LONGER offer the $100 off deal on four, and I'm having them shipped because there's no dealer anywhere near me. I WANTED to buy from them, but they give me no reason to do so. I would have bought four Michellins tonight with the $100 off on four tires deal

·
Registered
664 Posts
All good points, but they DON'T beat anyone's prices on the tires I want, they NO LONGER offer the $100 off deal on four, and I'm having them shipped because there's no dealer anywhere near me. I WANTED to buy from them, but they give me no reason to do so. I would have bought four Michellins tonight with the $100 off on four tires deal

If you mean they won't beat online prices your correct. Nobody does. However, they do price match anywhere that has an actual store (I worked there for 2 years, this is how I know) the 100 bucks off deal is not a all the time deal, only happens on sale weekends. Not sure what the complaint is on shipping though. Tires have to get shipped all the time in that company. That's how their inventory works. You wouldn't expect one store to have every single tire in every single size would you?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Just got my TRO rims from DTD online...killer deal, shipped to my door and only $16 install (per tire) when I want them mounted. I'm not complaining...:D

61 - 78 of 78 Posts