Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Re: Well here it is....

i dont think its yours you didn't get a pic of yourself with the truck ;)

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts

Critics Welcome....
I'm sorry lance, but I'm always honest. If I'd waited for my truck that long and all it had was a 2 link in the back I'd be pissed. And PLEASE for your safety make sure he reinforces that HUGE notch he cut out up front for the tie rods. With the placement of the a-arm mounting points it just looks way too thin there. The quality of the work looks good from what I can see, but the engineering/design leaves something to be desired IMO. I hope you are happy with it, because that's what matters. :mc:

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts

:yeahthat: It has been a long time for them doing this setup for you. I don't believe that I even knew you when you had the truck lance. Hope you get it back and it makes your wildest dreams come true...

·
Registered
24 Posts

I'm sorry lance, but I'm always honest. If I'd waited for my truck that long and all it had was a 2 link in the back I'd be pissed. And PLEASE for your safety make sure he reinforces that HUGE notch he cut out up front for the tie rods. With the placement of the a-arm mounting points it just looks way too thin there. The quality of the work looks good from what I can see, but the engineering/design leaves something to be desired IMO. I hope you are happy with it, because that's what matters. :mc:
Exactly, well put.

Hope it's finished on time and to the "T" bro. :)

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts

man, that had better be some early mock up shots. the welding and fitment are scarry at best. please dont take this as an insult. you know we love you ford, but man i hope hes gonna do you right. if it looks like that when you get it, punch him in the face. the fifth pic is really dishartening.

those MUST be pics of mock up, or early in the build.

more info ford! please!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

Oh yeah we talked about that ;)

No offence taken Brake! I appriciate your honesty! Why I said "Critics Welcome"

I had my buddy with me who knew a little bit more than I do. So he talked to him about it.

I am not THAT upset about the 2Link.

I found out what was taking so long.

Ok, The story is he was setting it up lay frame. The front laid out it was all good to go now just to finish the back. Well somewhere in there he decided to body drop it. So those 2 months he worked on it what did he have to do? Go back scrap it and start ALL OVER!

That's essentially what he told me.

As far as the front it is going to be reinforced That is far from the finished product. I need to get the full story from my buddy. He said that has alot more to do up front to make sure it's good to go.

He said he can't let it leave here like this. Which is why it won't be at the show (April 13) he said its not safe to drive. He is taking some extra measures in the front to make sure it is safe and reinforced :D

Overall it looks good. Just he said he needs to make sure the front is safe and driveable.

Believe me Brakenit I made sure my buddy asked all the right questions! Why I brought him along :D

Thanks for the concern bro! I really do appriciate your honesty!

·
Registered
125 Posts

i donno man... some parts look good, and others are like wtf?

after seeing the 2nd truck with these raised upper control arm mounting points i'm curious to see how it really works out.

this brings up the first good thing i saw (rather ingenious IMO...) the adjustable upper control arms! i wish i had that option... would make life alot easier.

seems like your truck is identical to that black crew cab that just got finished. (no offense) because you both have that same style set up in the front and both running 2 links in the rear.

the 2 link looks like its going to be a decent set up, but i felt (like i'm sure others do as well...) if your going to do a 3/4 custom frame why not make a nice triangulated 4 link? you have so much to play with when doing a custom set up... why not make it worth your wild.

granted these aren't finished photo's and i know more still needs to be done but craftsmanship looks pretty decent IMO. the custom frame work looks to be done well and i'm really liking the tranny X-member like that!

i know this is taking a VERY long time, but your truck is getting ALOT more done to it than most with just bags obviously. my truck was at CCC for over 5 months and they just needed to lay stock frame.

from what i've seen at ANY shop that did these trucks they are such a PAIN in the ass to bag and these shops simply don't know what they're getting into it seems like... then after they realize it they try to pull SOMETHING off that works. well thats when mine didn't work and it got redone... (more on that on a later date)

i hope this all works out for you and i hope that he does a grade A job and i do have to say i'm glad to hear he's not afraid to keep it to make it safer, thats always a plus obviously...

the time will come and you'll be f'n lower than me and then i'll have to go through that same painful process come winter because i'll have seeing my frame by then... haha

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Is it still gonna lay body on 22s?
Yes it will still lay body on 22s in the front 24s in the rear.

I am trying to order some 22" Intros today if I can ever figure out what kind of back space I need!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts