Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i pulled the back seat out the other day and took out the middle section. to make my bucket seats in the back. looks lil ruff right now. i hope to have it all cleaned up this weekend and the seat back in this weekend and allso a start on the center console from the back wall all the way to the dash. i should have some pic up tomorrow or saturday.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Sounds interesting, it'll be cool to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Blaine cut his bench in half and it looked pretty good! Saw it when I was in FL. I bet the average, and hell...even alot of 355'ers, wouldn't be able to tell.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Josue the difference is, Blaine did his front seat, this dude pulled his back seat and did it. Totally different concept as the back seat is a true bench, not a 60/40 split. I am interested how it turns out because I have been tossing this idea up for literally a year now, just haven't had the time to give it a shot, and havent had a backup plan if it fails :lol:

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Cool...can't wait to see some pics...

I was in Tyler the other day on business and kept an eye out for your truck... ;)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Derk, a little word of advice...have your backseat bracket cut where the console is going to be and have it rewelded so that the bar is flush on the ground...you will get more air space this way. I can provide a picture of what I mean if need be.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Derk, a little word of advice...have your backseat bracket cut where the console is going to be and have it rewelded so that the bar is flush on the ground...you will get more air space this way. I can provide a picture of what I mean if need be.
yeah bro if u dont mind. i allready got the frame rewelded up. the box is going to have to have a V shap to it. cuase i dident really want to cut so much out of the seats. and the middle section was only 8 1/2inch wide. so thats all i cut. and i am putting 10s in the truck. so the fondation of the box is about 8inchs and angles up to be 12inchs. i think this will work. not to shure. if not back to the drawing board. got a guy at work that does upholstry thats going to re stitch the seats in a few weeks. i am just going to fulled it under for right now.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
This is a CAD oriented drawing I did a WHILE back, you will get the point of what I mean from this...

stay tuned....have to search for it :lol:

EDIT: found it

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah and the driver back side seat the back of the seat is all metal. i had to take a cut off wheel cut down the side about 8inchs down cause at the bottom of the seat has a slotted hole that mounts to the bottom seat. ehhh. i guess ill go take pics of it. its lil ruff. but it will be cleaned up here really soon.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hell yea bro. if u come to tyler hit me up and ill give u my number. sucks if u wont have the truck though.

well here is a pic when i started the project

here is the bottom of the seat

here is a pic of the bottom of the seat after i cut it and build the down frame part

and here is the pic of part of the back seat inside. there is a sheat metal frame. only thing i could think of at the time is to just cut the sheat metal down. oh and i just tremed more of it of so its only a few inchs high. remember after i build my console u want see the metal backing.

ps sorry for the side ways pics. i am about to upload a few more so ill have some more up in an hour or so

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok here is a better pic of the last pic. iight the red line is where i cut the first time then i just came back and cut where the green line is. so where the yellow circle is, is where the mounting bracket is for both seats. so i dont know what to do yet. i might make a new bracket in a few days for the side that i had to cut the sheat metal off of. for i dont have to have the back rest go all the way across to the mounting bracket. pluss it would make it look better anyways.

but here is the pic!

and here are a few pics how it is now back in the truck

and here is a pic of my headliner and my door panels (yeah i know its kinda gay, but hey the girls like it. and i like the girls so its all worth it)

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so what does that bracket connect to and hold together?
well like on the out side of the back seats there is a turx bolt that u have to unscrew out then u pick up that side of the seat and pull ur way to pull the seat of the bracket. like the braket is welded to the bottom frame of the seat comes up like an T and one part of the T goes in to one side of the seat to hold the seat and for ur seat to fold down. and same as the other side. of the T holds the other seat and for it to fold down. There are tabs on the seats where each part of the T goes in too. with a plastic bushing i guess. i should of took more pics of the build and that damn bracket. to show yall what i mean.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
So what steps did you do to cut the seats down, minus the bracket itself. Like did you have to remove the seat covers? Did you have to take the bracket off the seat? How did you cut the seat itself down?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha. LOL in all the time i say i have like 3 hours in the build all u need is some box tubbing 1inch
welder
sawsall
cut off wheel
razor blade
torx
socket and ratch to take the seat out of the truck.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts