Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few embarrassing 17 second passes on youtube and i think i figured out why. My clutch is pretty much gone. It still works well for daily driving, but it wont grab under higher rpms.

I went into my work parking lot and decided to kick the back end out and have some fun(empty on weekends). I dropped the clutch and nailed it, and it just coasted and revved. Then once i let off the gas it grabbed.

I'm gonna get it inspected later in the week.

if thats the case then i killed a clutch in 55k, lol. :high5:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good job, you must have no tread bro. GRRRREEAT :355:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dayumm. lol. yea i meant like tread on ya tires lol. you must like spinnin em. yours a 5 spd i5???

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dayumm. lol. yea i meant like tread on ya tires lol. you must like spinnin em. yours a 5 spd i5???
well kinda. I've actually calmed down alot from how i use to drive, but I'm still not soft on the damn thing. Its held up to my abuse fairly well.

yes its an i5 5spd.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
For someone who drives their truck hard I'd say 55k really isn't that bad of a lifespan for a clutch. Some vehicles only get that from normal drivers. You might pm Carbon08, he was selling a 3.7L H3 clutch/flywheel setup for a pretty good price and I think he still has it. It'd be an upgrade over the standard 3.5L clutch since it's larger.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh man. i wish mine was a 5spd :( lol. i know you hate chevy man, and that's fine by me as long as you don't take a hit at me, but what all kinda mods you got???

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
For someone who drives their truck hard I'd say 55k really isn't that bad of a lifespan for a clutch. Some vehicles only get that from normal drivers. You might pm Carbon08, he was selling a 3.7L H3 clutch/flywheel setup for a pretty good price and I think he still has it. It'd be an upgrade over the standard 3.5L clutch since it's larger.
I thik he sold it along with the engine.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh man. i wish mine was a 5spd :( lol. i know you hate chevy man, and that's fine by me as long as you don't take a hit at me, but what all kinda mods you got???
pretty basic right now: intake, exhaust, hptuners tune, and the 25$ doohickies that stop wheel hop(sorta)

Brakenit- I might just stick with an OEM, and then go to a performance clutch business and see if they can make me a tougher clutch for the next time it happens.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
pretty basic right now: intake, exhaust, hptuners tune, and the 25$ doohickies that stop wheel hop(sorta)

Brakenit- I might just stick with an OEM, and then go to a performance clutch business and see if they can make me a tougher clutch for the next time it happens.
I don't know what a new clutch costs, but I think he was only asking $200 for the set and that was flywheel/clutch & pressure plate/pilot bearing. It'd still be an upgrade over stock. :shrug:

I found his FS ad on Cfans, he still had it on the 12th so I doubt it's sold yet.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
i wish i had a 5 speed i would have even less tread than i do now. whats your elevation anyways. you said you were running 17's?

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
haha...you done good....i burned out a clutch on the stang in 24K..... :lmao:

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
also do you have a link for the videos?
errr uhhhuh....not if i dont have too. lol

And yes 17s, consistant low 17s. It was burning out off every start through first, but 2nd-3rd always felt real soft when i tried to shift hard at 6k.

and today is the first time it really decided not to grab.

Jhart- i have 2 mods that arent for performance. Thats the bedrug and the bed caps.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
errr uhhhuh....not if i dont have too. lol

And yes 17s, consistant low 17s. It was burning out off every start through first, but 2nd-3rd always felt real soft when i tried to shift hard at 6k.

and today is the first time it really decided not to grab.

Jhart- i have 2 mods that arent for performance. Thats the bedrug and the bed caps.
video video video or you can pm me the link and i'll watch it .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts