Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was looking at my tires the other day, the stock generals that come factory, and i noticed that my front tires have like very little life left but the rear tires have almost all life left...and my front tires are beginning to dry rot on the sidewall between the tread...so im a little concerned is this normal for it cuz ive heard these tires suck and they only been on about 20k miles.

also since im getting new wheels i have to get new tires dont want anything too expensive but needs a good tire to go with...tires between 150-180 each is fine with me...i keep getting alot of quotes with Kumho Ecsta and they seem good...any ideas guys?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
BFG AT/KO 32x11.5x15

:D

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahah cant srry its dropped i thought of lifting it at first but decided to wait till i get my z71 and lift that

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
yeah those tires are junk they lasted me like 6 months and they were toast.....i guess its time for some sic rims and sum nice street tires ....

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I dont really care for my kumhos. I dont care for the size either they are 235-45-17, picked up some 255-50 used to check for rubbing, I think their to tall. I will be looking into a cooper, next new set.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
goto your dealer and see if theyll warranty them. At our dealership they always do cus the tires are just plain shitty. My buddy works in the tire shop and always is changin generals out for something else

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
goto your dealer and see if theyll warranty them. At our dealership they always do cus the tires are just plain shitty. My buddy works in the tire shop and always is changin generals out for something else
best idea yet:355:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
a lot of generals chunk. Like the tread comes off in chunks. But since there dryrotting maybe they can do something too. Not possitive but worth a shot and save you a lot of money specially if you plan on getting new wheels soon

·
Registered
89 Posts
rangerbob i like it those bfg's u recommended are the exact ones i got and were gona recommend, damn it u beat me to the punch. so x2 on the bfg at 32x11.5x15

·
Registered
667 Posts
^ did you not read any of this post? he's lowered, and doesn't want to go with a large tire. wow.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha yeah 20 is what im getting already got my wheels picked out jsut got to fix the damage first then save for those

·
Registered
194 Posts
i have 60 thousand miles on my generals but i hear that is pretty rare. my next tires though will be bridgestone dueller revos both my brothers have them and say nothing but good things about them except they need to be rotated often.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
btw does anyone know how much each stock 15 with 225/75 weighs?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts