Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn it, scratched my passenger side fender, lights, and front quarter panel alllll up!! All trying to do some good too. :(

Story:
I went for a night flight with my friend last night around 10 to keep his currency up and coming back just past 12. we were coming out of the general aviation gate and we saw this guy with a car park down the road get out and walk up to the building around the back, and a few months before they had a break in of the hanger across the street from our flight school/FBO. so we decided to take my truck around and see what was going on.. so we ran to my truck and i turned all the lights off (doh) we pulled out into the grass to go around the building and i was going to hit him with all my lights and really scare the hell outa him. (thanks to my mr. taillight kid) well i pull around the building... now at the airport i fly at is known for its winds, and snow also being upstate ny in a valley. so during the winter they put up temporary snow drift fences to keep it from piling up against the side of the glass building and on the tarmac. well apparently they got lazy forgot to pull one of the stakes for it, was a green metal stake with the spikes in it.. you know, temporary fence stake.... well i come around the building where i thought was just a field and then SCRATCHHHSCREEEEECHHHHSCRAPEEEE.. UGhhhhhhhhhh i quickly turned to my left thinking i hit a wood post left ever from the air show or something no big deal then i hear a wap of it bending back and hitting the side of my truck... so we get out i get my flash light and just stand there cursing for about 20 minutes then i took the steak and threw it into the woods... oh needless to say the guy got away, we have no clue where he went but by the time i was done cursing and crawling around my truck looking for more damage him and his car were gone... who knows....... i wonder how much this repairs going to run me.

pardon the small picture, ill get better today in the daylight.....

its way worse than it looks in this picture, having a dirty truck doesn't help either.... but yea fenders FUBAR, that post was way in the ground barely bent over and it took me a few min to pull out... it scratched right through the paint and deep into the fiberglass or what ever its made of on the corner and theres a real nice chip and scratch in my headlight... then again, i think all i need to replace or get painted is my fender.. so i'm kinda glad i got the large ones... saved me from having to get my quarter panel replaced which would of been even more messed up because its stiffer metal. another lucky part of this is completely missed my chrome bumper... (prays)

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
damn dude that is shitty.....sorry it happened to ya..sorry the dirtball got away too....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with my luck it was probably just some dude stopped to take a piss in the bushes...

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Ouch dude!

Sorry to see that man.

Best of luck getting it fixed shouldn't be to bad.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
thats sux man. should of let the cop duties to the cops.. suck when u do something nice something bad happens to ya.. it shouldn't be expensive to fix

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I did that same damned thing on one of those fucking t-stakes. Slide sideways down a muddy hill into one and scratched the side of my truck up. Fucking sucks.

C

·
0 Posts
what? tis funny...no hard feelings

i think it sucks that that happened. i sideswiped my truck against my dads truck when i first got it and i had to get a flare repainted and a lot of the side buffed like crazy. but it gave me an excuse to have all of my interior parts painted with the exact same paint used for the exterior of my truck. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts