·
Registered
2,958 Posts
JJ Cale (RIP)
"Travelin' Light"

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I just got a power/data cord for my "My Passport" 1 Terra Byte external hard drive so I can use it in the truck. 1TB and it's about the size of a pack of cigarettes! I've loaded all my music onto it and it hasn't put a dent in the space available! I can't understand that. My first computer had a 10 gig hard drive! I did a "super upgrade" and added a 40 gig hard drive and that was incredibly state-of-the-art at the time. Now I have a 10 gig thumb drive on my key ring!! Advancements in storage is amazing!

·
Registered
2,958 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I wonder if there is anyone here interested in K-pop?
From the links I've posted in this thread you can probably guess it ain't me.
I listen to a huge variety, much wider than what I've posted here, but k-pop is outside my orbit.. way out.
I tend more or less in the opposite direction.

To each his own..

(early) JJ Cale with Leon Russell
"Same Ol' Blues"

·
Registered
2,958 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
The Band
"The Weight"

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
The immortal Helen Merrill

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Some good ole Chris LeDoux

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Dwight Yoakam
"1,000 Miles From Nowhere"

With Buck Owens (R.I.P)
"Streets of Bakersfield"

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
John Anderson
"Seminole Wind"

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
JJ Cale-
Live performance in Santa Monica, 2009 with Tom Petty and Mike Campbell

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Joe Walsh tells how he wrote "Life's Been Good So Far"
(hilarious)

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
I just got a power/data cord for my "My Passport" 1 Terra Byte external hard drive so I can use it in the truck. 1TB and it's about the size of a pack of cigarettes! I've loaded all my music onto it and it hasn't put a dent in the space available! I can't understand that. My first computer had a 10 gig hard drive! I did a "super upgrade" and added a 40 gig hard drive and that was incredibly state-of-the-art at the time. Now I have a 10 gig thumb drive on my key ring!! Advancements in storage is amazing!

My first computer had 16K of RAM and a cassette drive (tape recorder essentially). It was the first computer in my hometown. Oh, the 16K was the max upgrade from the standard 4K!!

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
My first computer had 16K of RAM and a cassette drive (tape recorder essentially). It was the first computer in my hometown. Oh, the 16K was the max upgrade from the standard 4K!!
Like you, my first computer had a grand total of 1K RAM memory, and a 16K add on pack that cost as much as the computer did. Programs were also saved and loaded from a cassette tape, via remote tape recorder and a pair of 1/8" phono leads.

Was yours a ZX81?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Mitch Hedberg

1801 - 1820 of 1843 Posts