Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys i just traded my lifted 2x4 ( it was a 5" CST i did myself) for a 2007 4x4 Z85 ..whats the best brand lift for these? ive never lifted a 4x4 before... i know i want to do a 3 inch body lift also... any suggestions or ideas? tips for install?

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
cause you have the Z85 you are still stuck with the cst lift as the best one. Only the Z71s have TBs. I would go for the 5"cst and whatever you decide for body lift..

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
i was under the impression from others the the 71 was torsion, z85 was coil over, and 4x4 was irrelevatant. i guess the check tom is do you have coil or do you see torsaion bars under your truck....

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
yep. make sure when you lift it get some large fender flares or else the whole side of your truck will be filthy ( I have a z85 also). good luck

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
k i just checked chevy's site...

The 2WD Z85 Suspension Package features an independent front suspension with coil springs and conventional stamped A-arms. Also included are a 28mm front stabilizer bar, twin-tube shock absorbers and rubber jounce bumpers. The Z85 4x4 Suspension Package incorporates independent front torsion bars. Both versions feature a live rear axle with two-stage steel leaf springs.

Guess I was wrong...sorry..... i would say tuff country, rancho, or skyjacker...all of them look good...

Guess the Z71 just has a little more lift from the factory...

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Do they have a CST lift for a 4x4? all I could find was for two wheel drive models.

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
i want the rancho for mine..its just so damn expensive....all for only 4" of lift...aaarghh

·
Registered
116 Posts
i have a 3" performance accesories body lift on my truck and i am installing a 4" skyjacker kit as we speak. i am happy with both.. i have a 2wd z71 so i have torsion as well.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i would go with the CST kit but i had some fitment issues with my old CST kit, i blew out a CST shock ( they replaced it, but i had to pay shipping) and the thing is so damn expensive... i dont know, im leaning toward Skyjacker now... but there shocks rust so quickly... is there a way i can just buy some Blitsen shocks for the skyjacker kit? anybody know how to figure out the size?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Jack the truck up off the ground measure mount to mount......compress the truck measure mount to mount.....call with measurements and mount type (EX. Fork style or single bolt style) They will get you what you need.

In some cases they won't be able to get a full extension shock but with an inch is good. If they can't get the full extension of your truck within the shocks extended length its best to run a limiter strap if you offroad at all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts