Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
That's actually pretty interesting... I've seen people use the bottom, but not the tops.

Have any photos of how you did it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No photos of how but really easy. Baked them in the oven @ 175 deg for about 20 mins, opened them up and had to drill holes to run the wire them ran it through the back. Wired on a switch right now. Have halos going in the parking lights soon will be taking place of the drls and the parking lights turns will be the original bulbs on sequentials.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Looks a hell of a lot better than the Autozone double sided tape garbage that people just slap on the outside of their lenses.....

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Looks a hell of a lot better than the Autozone double sided tape garbage that people just slap on the outside of their lenses.....
Amen bother

Yeah some pics of the work would be stellar

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
fuck it looks AWESOME!!!
love it!

dude throw a "hot to" write up so we can see what you did there.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Sweet look'n lights, but are they blue? If so...might want to check local regs. LEO's might have an issue and you definitely don't want to be a magnet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are purple (uv backlights). I have them on a switch so I can turn them on and off whenever. With the hids you can't really see them. Not worried about the law man. @Freeballin @Iceman62

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
many cars have this kind of LED effects on the headlights. So I don´t think this could be an issue.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I think the question regarding legality is because of the color, because of the addition of lights.

For example, you cannot have red lights in the front of the vehicle. And there must be red lights on the rear of a vehicle.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
They are purple (uv backlights). I have them on a switch so I can turn them on and off whenever. With the hids you can't really see them. Not worried about the law man. @Freeballin @Iceman62
Looks like you're covered - they are a nice enhancement to the front illumination.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts