Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
huh didn't realize so many were using mobil one

M

·
0 Posts
Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30
You guys need to remember that even though the oil is "good" to 15k miles, the oil filter is still only good to 3,500k max. Change your filter on a regular basis even if you have extended life oil.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
You guys need to remember that even though the oil is "good" to 15k miles, the oil filter is still only good to 3,500k max. Change your filter on a regular basis even if you have extended life oil.
I run the oil to 5k, then change out the filter w/ new .5qts(fill the filter before install). Then run the oil to 10k and drop oil+filter. AC Delco oil filters...

I had the last two oil changes lab tested.. All looked good.

M

·
0 Posts
I run the oil to 5k, then change out the filter w/ new .5qts(fill the filter before install). Then run the oil to 10k and drop oil+filter. AC Delco oil filters...

I had the last two oil changes lab tested.. All looked good.
Are you really gonna rely on a $5.00 filter for extended periods of time? Quite a gamble if you ask me.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I use whatever the dealership puts in!!:lmao: :thumbup:

I can either go to the parts store, spend $15-$20, and get dirty doing it myself, or I can spend $25 to have them do it while I sit in the lounge and read the paper!......no brainer in my book.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I can either go to the parts store, spend $15-$20, and get dirty doing it myself, or I can spend $25 to have them do it while I sit in the lounge and read the paper!......no brainer in my book.
wuss :ghey:

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Are you really gonna rely on a $5.00 filter for extended periods of time? Quite a gamble if you ask me.
Actually, $2.86 a filter... 5k is something fleet vehicles do with less than AC Delco quality filters and dino oil. :shrug:

I have been doing this protocol since about 18k.. Last two oil changes were sent out to the lab, all is good.

I do not recommend this to just anyone. In fact, I don't recommend it at all for liability reasons... It is just what I do and I wanted to share the information. :355:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts

you could do a synthetic oil change in your garage for $25...ask the dealer how much they charge for that :D

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I was running K&N filters and Royal Purple 5w-30 on a 5k filter change and top off, and a 10k drain interval ( 2 filters every 10k miles ).

This time I decided to try the AMSOIL filters ( $15 each! ) and and their Series 2000 0W-30 oil. Filter is guaranteed to 25k miles when using their oil. I plan on doing an analysis around 10k and seeing what it says.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts