Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I bought an 05 LS colorado, and I really admire the more aggressive look your guys' trucks have. What's the secret? What should I modify first? I was thinking fender flares but I have no idea which to get. I'm thinking about wheels and a bit of lift too but I'm unsure of how big/how much. Any input would be appreciated!

Pic below is my truck now.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Welcome to the site and also check out our local chapter as well. We have a lot of active members and quite a few meets coming up.

Now for the lift, first figure out how high you want to go. I would go with 3in spindles and 2in shackles as a starting point. Flares, your only stock option is the Z71 unless your going to do fiberglass flares.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would fender flares with the stock size tires look weird? Wondering if maybe I should do wheels first..

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Welcome to the nation. I've got the same truck you do and I started mine off with a small lift.... Then went bigger and now planning on going even bigger soon. What's your budget like? ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1396469241.536712.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
627 Posts
Welcome to the Nation brother, there's plenty of good people here that can help steer you in the right direction and a bunch of guys in your local area that are more than willing to jump in and lend you a helping hand for installs or technical stuff. As Jesse mentioned earlier, check out our local Chapter at SoCal355.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the Nation brother, there's plenty of good people here that can help steer you in the right direction and a bunch of guys in your local area that are more than willing to jump in and lend you a helping hand for installs or technical stuff. As Jesse mentioned earlier, check out our local Chapter at SoCal355.
Im gonna jump on there too. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Currently 1k-2k but can go a bit more later as money flows in. I really like the way your truck looks ^

Ok so you got a nice budget. Well I'd look into a nice set of tires but the size depends on the lift you're looking for. Are you a coil spring truck or torsion bars? Preciate it! It's 8.5" on the front and 6.5" on the back as a reference for you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Front is coil and rear is leaf! I don't know how much lift I'm looking for. Not too much but I do want a little bit of an aggressive offroad feel. Althought I still wanna have an easy time getting into it, nothing ridiculous.

In short.. no freakin clue man. What's a moderate lift?

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Front is coil and rear is leaf! I don't know how much lift I'm looking for. Not too much but I do want a little bit of an aggressive offroad feel. Althought I still wanna have an easy time getting into it, nothing ridiculous.

In short.. no freakin clue man. What's a moderate lift?

A moderate would be a set of 3" spindles or go with the 5" CST spindles. You won't break the bank and it will give you a nice look. You could run a set of 31 inch tires and look good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts