Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, had the truck about 2 months now. The alarm system is an Omega Crime Guard 830i7. Worked well up until now. When I bought it, the remote had a Low Battery warning. So naturally, when I got it home, I popped a new AAA in. Worked fine after. Today, I noticed the Low Battery, but didn't have access to a new battery, so on my lunch break, I drove in my work car to my house and swapped the battery out. I'm not sure if it was just because I was out of range of the alarm module, but when I went to disarm/unlock the system, nothing. No remote start, no lock/unlock, nothing. So, I manually opened the door, and I noticed the remote received the signal from the truck that the alarm was going off, because it started vibrating like normal. I tried disarming the system, but nothing. So I disconnected the battery so the alarm wouldn't be going off for the next 2 minutes. (Probably part of my downfall..) After unplugging the speaker to the alarm, I reconnected the battery, thinking that the alarm system/remote would reset. I also tried removing the remote battery. Maybe the fact that I didn't replace the battery in proximity to the truck, is the reason the remote's signal isn't received at the truck? I don't know.

I would've just driven the truck to our local electronics shop, BUT, I have a flashing message "BRAKES ABS FAULT", the Emergency Brake light and ABS lights are on, and the truck will not start. When I go to start it, the Brake light goes off, ABS light stays on. I do NOT have the anti-theft light on.

I tried calling Omega, but they were already closed. Sat in the parking lot at work for another 4 hours, trying to reset the remote, reset the PCM/BCM, trying to use the valet switch to override the system. Nothing. So...any ideas? At first it was annoying, then it was annoying and depressing, now it's annoying and depressing and upsetting. In the morning, I plan on calling Omega and going to the station, to see if I can take another whack at it, but if y'all have any input/advice, shoot.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Called Omega today and they said if it has a SecureCode, that's why the system isn't letting me in. Waiting on response from previous owner on whether or not it has a SecureCode. Omega said I can't reprogram the remote until the system is disarmed. Can't disarm the system unless the remote magically starts working or I have the SecureCode. They told me the only other option is to take out the control module and mail it to them do they can reprogram it. I'm hoping if I have to go that route, as soon as I unplug it, it'll run?

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
I would think that once unplugged it should run. Without knowing the wiring schematic, perhaps the control module physically connects some OEM wires? If that's the case, then the truck may not run (I'm going out on a limb suggesting that, not sure if it would).

Bummer man, well good luck! Keep us posted!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.