Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Page can't be displayed...so I'll hit ya w/a few questions to narrow things down. Any recent motor mods? What's your oil level? How many miles on truck? Does the noise/sound change w/rpms?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know that mine had a knocking when cold because it was the AIR injection pump on the exhaust manifold, you have a 2006, not really sure if your truck has that thing. But might be something to look at because it really only operates in cold temps for emission purposes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No motor mods and the truck has 115k and oil level is good. It doesn't get works with higher rpm. My friend told me that the knock went away when I Rev it

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it normal for the heat to be a bit just past half way.. It's pretty cold out side so I'm thinking it will overheat when it gets warm out

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Is it normal for the heat to be a bit just past half way.. It's pretty cold out side so I'm thinking it will overheat when it gets warm out
Yeah our temp sensors suck so you will see it rise slightly over half sometimes. If you can get a video of the noise with the hood open so we can get a better idea of the sounds location.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
I think that's what I might do cuz the sound comes from there.. I guess I might as well throw in a dayco tensioner
spend the extra coin and get the ACdelco. The daycos have gone to shit. They were great but the last 2 I bought and a few others here have complained of quick failures. I had one for a week and the next for about 2 days before they failed. They did warranty the second and refund me though so that was at least good.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
spend the extra coin and get the ACdelco. The daycos have gone to shit. They were great but the last 2 I bought and a few others here have complained of quick failures. I had one for a week and the next for about 2 days before they failed. They did warranty the second and refund me though so that was at least good.
X2 and go with the AC-Delco brand if you replace the serpentine belt because they have a felt coating to eliminate squeak noises and Aramid cords.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay here is another video it's hard to hear it.. But it's almost like a wobble noise I think. You guys are probably right about the belt tensioner and stuff.
Watch "Part 2 of engine noise" on YouTube
Part 2 of engine noise: http://youtu.be/W4XYd43aIrA

1 - 20 of 31 Posts