Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's used as an attachment point for lifting the engine and putting it into the chassis during assembly at the factory.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I vaguely remember a ( - ) sign on mine... so i think it's a alternate ground point for jumping the battery.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
that is a grounding point for jump starts...thats what the gm trainer told us...you hook the negative cable there

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
no thats a ground I do believe

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Yeah, you can use it for a ground, but it is used to lift the engine out. The GM Tranier is wrong ;)

·
0 Posts
You're all wrong, its a tow hook for when you get stuck in the mud up to the axles and they need to airlift you out with a chinook chopper and deliver your truck to your super secret hideout cave so you can do super secret repairs!

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
^^Damn, I was wondering if it was something like that. :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
You're all wrong, its a tow hook for when you get stuck in the mud up to the axles and they need to airlift you out with a chinook chopper and deliver your truck to your super secret hideout cave so you can do super secret repairs!
terrorist.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
:shrug:

M

·
0 Posts
It's an engine hoist point. Why the fuck would they put a gawdy PAINTED bracket under the hood when any steel bolt attached to anywhere on the block or frame is a suitable ground?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts