Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd really like to have a 20968152, but I'm nt sure if that will work. It sounds like that is for 2009 and newer full sized trucks / SUVs / vans.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The GM PAL (audio link) allows you to control an ipod with the factor deck, and the module also has RCAs so you can easily hook up an AUX input if you'd rather go that route. I have an extra PAL if you're interested, send me a PM.

·
Norse god of maintenance
113 Posts
I believe all of the factory decks are vin coded and so you might need to pay to get it unlocked for it to work in your truck. That is what made me go to aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I believe all of the factory decks are vin coded and so you might need to pay to get it unlocked for it to work in your truck. That is what made me go to aftermarket.
Thats correct they are all set to the VIN of the truck so if you install one from another truck you'd have to have a Tec2 connected to the OBD port to program your VIN to the newer radio

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Do you know if the model I listed would work / fit / match up for install? Any ideas on what it would cost for "un-locking?"

pittman-
Do you know where I could find a GM PAL to look at? I've never heard of one before.

Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
Do you have xm? I just bought a part from radio shack for $2.99 and soldered it in line with my xm. When my phone is plugged up I get iheart radio, and when I unplug it I get xm radio. Here is a pic of my setup since im sitting in my truck.

I also have a $10 bluetooth adapter that plugs into the power outlet (usb) that is connected to my phone. That goes through the $2.99 aux port I installed.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts