1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys what oil do u use in ur ride?

i use castrol gtx 5w 30

with a Fram extra guard filter PH9837

have any of u use zmax engine oil treatment stuff? i am thinking about useing it when i change my oil tomorrow. its post to help brake down all that engine sludge and build up shit in there to make the engine run like its new.

·
HO IT
2,153 Posts
Castrol 5W-30

·
Bagged Bomber
10,954 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Mobil 1 5w30 Synthetic, put 300,00 plus km's on a Chevy 3.4 no issues ever.
200,000 plus km on a 5.9 Magnum, no issues ever.
2 each 1.6 Geo Trackers 300,000 between them, running 31's and 33's revving like a blender on puree, no issues ever.
Plus it is readily available at Walmart.
Heard great things about Royal Purple, however on this side of the border it seems to be only sold at specialty shops, and they charge a bundle for it.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh do u guys do it urself or go have it done?

i do mine myself. and its a bitch toget under the truck. i use some 4inch flat bocks and use a 2x6 to put behind all tires and back up on it. for i can crawl under the truck

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
We've had this debate before on here......lol

For $25, I'd rather have someone else deal with it. It's an annoyance to me....haha

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
oh do u guys do it urself or go have it done?

i do mine myself. and its a bitch toget under the truck. i use some 4inch flat bocks and use a 2x6 to put behind all tires and back up on it. for i can crawl under the truck
def do mine myself dont need some snotnose punk to forget to put on the cap or scratch my truck

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
I use what ever GMC puts in there until my free oil changes run out..

Then I will probably move to Mobil 1 + AC Delco filter, doing it myself.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts