Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to purchase everything and I'm wondering how big of a block can I go with without notching with belltech drop leafs? 2"? 3"? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
563 Posts
if i recall correctly...i think someone said 4inches total is the lowest you can drop before notching the frame. dont take me on that though.

·
Registered
466 Posts
thats gotta be riding on the axle, if not its damn close.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
also you have to take into consideration what cab you have. a crew cab with the drop leafs will be lower than a reg cab with the same leafs.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've got leafs and 3" blocks...but I'm notched. I would think with a 3" block without notching you'd have to remove all the bump stops...pretty sure you'd be sitting on the frame. Why not just notch it? it was pretty easy and inexpensive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
yeah, i'm on 3 inch blocks and i kill the bump stops. I need to trim them down a bit, so i'm not sure what i would do with springs and blocks. Maybe 2s?

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Just try it with the leafs and a 2" block and see. Every truck is different. I have 4" blocks in the rear and have not touched my bumpstops back there...I think I could get another inch easy...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts