Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.. i bought the whole set up for a set of Trailblazer SS wheels. However when the wheels came in they are in worse shape than the guy described. They are the polished alum right now. Since the curb rash is more than I desire I have 3 options and I'm torn. Do i have the wheels refurbished back to the polished look? do i have them powder coated silver? or do I have them powder coated competition grey?

These wheels are going on a black xtreme crewcab that has been lowered and debadged... i like the look of the polished I think.. but The stealthy look and ease of maintenance on the competition grey is silly!

i looked throughout the forum and I haven't seen the TBSS in grey on our truck. I have seen the polished and it does look good, but I am torn... thoughts?

Thanks! Robby

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Polished aluminum looks great, however polishing aluminum is a chore. I go with a powdercoat gets for the ease of maintenance. You could have them polished and then have them powdercoated clear, or what ever color powdercoat suits your fancy.
I agree.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh i agree.. and this is going on a daily driver.. that being said i am leaning towards the competition grey.. i just wish someone else had the wheels already done so i could see a picture... :)

·
Roll Damn Tide!
631 Posts
I like the comp grey color if your not going for flash, If you want flashy, polish and clearcoat the wheels

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey does anyone know the techincal name of performance grey? Or is it just called performance grey? I get mixed answers when I google it.... Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Just give them to me for my Trailblazer... LMFAO

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
Looks killer dude :thumbup: That's a clean ride you got there

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys... looking at your trucks makes me proud to know yall like them... I tried to go with the subtle clean look

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Looks sik

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
Nice color choice. Gives a nice contrast to the black rather than the "murdered" out look most black vehicle owners stick too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks fixer... that was exactly what I was going for.. the contrast that wasn't to much but kept the clean/classy look

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Truck looks great man nice color on wheels

1 - 20 of 27 Posts