Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 905 Posts

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
I don't remember what size but it was a huge open end wrench for my ball hitch.

·
Super Moderator
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
This arrived today.. 76 piece Craftman Tap and Die Set (metric and standard). This is a vintage set that I found on eBay. It doesn't look like it was ever used. There is one tap that's misssing, but I'll replace that with a Greenfield.

Craftsman started outsourcing their tap and die sets to China in 2009. The newer Chinese set are junk. This is a good ole "Made in the USA" set. It's getting harder and harder to find quality tools that are still made in the USA.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,275 Posts
a 3 lb BFH from Lowe's

Sent from my C771 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I bought a 6 piece SAE jumbo angle wrench set, a 6 piece SAE jumbo combination wrench set, and a 15 piece SAE service wrench set all from Harbor Freight. And about a week before that i bought a Lincoln Lubrication 18 volt cordless grease gun. Thats all i can think of right now as i almost buy a new tool every week since im a mechanic.

·
Registered
188 Posts
$0.50 pair of vise grip pliers from Lowes, they're tiny lol

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
This arrived today.. 76 piece Craftman Tap and Die Set (metric and standard). This is a vintage set that I found on eBay. It doesn't look like it was ever used. There is one tap that's misssing, but I'll replace that with a Greenfield.

Craftsman started outsourcing their tap and die sets to China in 2009. The newer Chinese set are junk. This is a good ole "Made in the USA" set. It's getting harder and harder to find quality tools that are still made in the USA.
Nice score right there!

1 - 20 of 905 Posts