Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my neighbor fell in love with my truck and he is tired of his s-10 so he wants a colorado but he wants a I4 4x4 stick. did chevy make one in that package? and what is the hp rating on the I4? it is going to be used as his light duty work truck, and i told him to go with the I5 but he wants good mpg. your info will help out a future 355 owner thanks guys

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
2.8 175Hp, 185tq, i think the 2.9 is 185hp 190tq, I honestly do not know if they came out with a 4x4 I4 stick, I would think so though.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
to be honest with you the i4 isnt getting that much better mileage than the i5's.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
yes you could get that configuration. just probably not in a crew cab.

he'll probably sacrifice 1...maybe 2 mpg to get the I5...

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
:yeahthat:

Especially since it will be carrying around the extra weight of the 4x4, he's not going to get any worse mileage with the I5. He's probably going to have a hard time finding a 4x4 with a 5spd at all though unless he orders new, but then he's limited to the I4 anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
:yeahthat:

Especially since it will be carrying around the extra weight of the 4x4, he's not going to get any worse mileage with the I5. He's probably going to have a hard time finding a 4x4 with a 5spd at all though unless he orders new, but then he's limited to the I4 anyway.
a dealer can go and see if there is one like that built / plus you can change options and look again.... different color - trin packages - ect ...
oldman

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
a dealer can go and see if there is one like that built / plus you can change options and look again.... different color - trin packages - ect ...
oldman
Yes, I'm aware of that. Just because they can look for them doesn't mean there's a lot of them out there. Most dealers order what's popular, and a 4wd I4/5spd isn't popular, at least not in this area. Maybe it's different in other regions of the country. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
i have the I-4, 5 spd, 4x4...... the only one that i know of......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts