Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what yall think about these side mirrors, they are for a motorcycle. i think they are pretty sick myself

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Badass mirrors, but you'd have to make the whole theme of the truck like skulls and shit to make it work. I saw an s10 in an issue of Street Trucks that reminds me of those mirrors, it looked wicked

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it wouldnt be to hard, i was plannin on puttin a skull in my center console when i build it but thats later when i move to the interior..theres some other mirrors i saw i like

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
its just my opinion that motorcycle mirrors belong on motorcycle or old skool minis. i think the newer stuff looks way better with just a slimline style mirror like the street scene's.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the thing is..everyody i mean fuckin everybody runs street scene mirrors, as ive said before i lke to be different but in a good way...the only reason i see now of why i wont that style mirror is cause i dont wanna get rid of my power mirrors, quiet nice havin those, but fuck it, ima get some chopper mirrors, maybe diff ones i dunno

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
who cares...the whole point is to be outside of the box, thats what wins the awrds. but if u run those it has to tie in with the theme, but they are sick

·
Registered
964 Posts
i agree with southbay, if you wanna get mag coverage, and win awards, you gotta do something different, the mirrors, or cool, but i'd also have some type of skull theme if i was gonna use them.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
motorcycle mirrors are atleast as popular if not more popular than street scenes, so thats not really thinking outside the box.

like i said, i like them, but not really for a colorado. i think the least chrome on our trucks the better, leave chrome for the wheels and under the hood. but thats my opinion.

and one more thing. i have power mirrors, but i always wonder whats the point. once you position them once you forget the switch is even there. i think its a selling point though.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
motorcycle mirrors are atleast as popular if not more popular than street scenes, so thats not really thinking outside the box.

like i said, i like them, but not really for a colorado. i think the least chrome on our trucks the better, leave chrome for the wheels and under the hood. but thats my opinion.

and one more thing. i have power mirrors, but i always wonder whats the point. once you position them once you forget the switch is even there. i think its a selling point though.
ha ha! x2! srsly

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
o well fuck it, ima run them, i saw some others that dont have any skulls or flames or anything, so i might run those, ill decide when i get there, mirrors are the last thing im worried about right now, i gotta get her on the ground 1st

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sweet.

It's your truck, you have some other's opinions, but in the end all that matters is you're satisfied with it - right?

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
I have seen a LOT of skull/bone themes. If you are wanting to be different and run with that, you will have to come up with a sick ass design to achieve what you want man. Not saying that skulls can't be good, because obviously, if done right, they can look amazing.

Perhaps a skull molded in where the center console and radio bezel almost meet. Maybe put a touch screen in it's mouth or something.

Anyway, good luck man.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, i ordered my mirrors saturday so they should be in next week, i also got some sheetmetal from my friends dads shop..prolly draw out the fillers this weekend and put em on next week also since we have a week off work..the ones i got are really simple, the stem is a smooth slpilt billit piece and the mirrors is just a tear drop...i think itll look really nice, i just gotta get my friend welder workin

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Just my opinion, I wouldn't have done that.

I agree with everything SCHardBody said.

These mirrors belong on a HARDBODY, 1stGen S10, Mazda ect.

I think with the way body lines are on these trucks the Streetscene mirrors would have been a better choice. The vehicles I named above are basically "Square" "Box" shape. Unlike these newer vehicles.

The painted look goes real good with the trucks as well. Again like SCHardBody said leave the bling to the wheels ect.

I would have stuck with the SS Mirrors IMO.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread but can someone please let this guy borrow a digi cam so we can FINALLY see some pics of this truck....!!??!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ill get some up next week, i have a week off from work so i will throw some shit up, just to make yall happy and then yall can laugh cause my shits stock, until afer next week when i make those fillers and put em in, if it looks bad, ill just weld up the holes i drilled and run no mirrors at all

1 - 20 of 21 Posts